Area to Book Hotel in NY for Cruise

texastennis

What part of NY should I look to book a hotel for a Norwegian Gem cruise leaving out of the Manhattan port in May?

Thanks so much.

May 26? 2 people? What airport are you flying into and what time do you arrive? What is your realistic hotel budget? What are your sightseeing objectives in Manhattan?

May 26? 2 people? What airport are you flying into and what time do you arrive? What is your realistic hotel budget? What are your sightseeing objectives in Manhattan?

Thanks for responding so quickly :)

Arriving May 26th into La Guardia at 1:45 p.m. Would like to see the World Trade Center museum.

Budget is about $200 for one night. We sail on the 27th. It will be for me and my daughter.

Thanks for responding so quickly :)

Arriving May 26th into La Guardia at 1:45 p.m. Would like to see the World Trade Center museum.

Budget is about $200 for one night. We sail on the 27th. It will be for me and my daughter.

You are in luck! That's the Friday night of Labor Day weekend. I would book a hotel in downtown Manhattan because it will be convenient to the 911 museum and a much cheaper price than midtown. United.com has a bunch of hotels that will be about $200 incl tax - this web site will tell you exactly how far the hotel is from the 911 area. These hotels are primarily business hotels and are often priced extremely well on weekends. The United web site has a location choice called The National September 11 Memorial, which will narrow down your options.

You would take a cab or car service from LGA to downtown and a cab from the hotel to the pier. You will spend a little more on transportation, but will save even more on your hotel.

Wow! Thanks so much for the great information! I will take your advice immediately and see what I come up with. I have never heard of this website -- is it the airline website?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes - it's the airline website. I also like aa.com, but it's been broken for a while.

I always stay midtown close to Broadway, walking distance to plays , tons of great restaurants and 5 min taxi drive from pier, lots of thing in lower Manhattan also World trade center, Statue of Liberty , Wall St Frances Tavern and Trinty Church

Many thanks to all of you who lent your advice. I was able to secure a Double Tree hotel less than a mile from the 9/11 museum at less than $200. Getting an Uber to the port on Saturday morning should be relatively easy, right?

We used Uber daily on last NYC trip, very quick and cheaper than Taxi, I recommend getting 9/11 museum tickets before you go if interest Elevator to top was also really nice but would not do that unless it was a clear day and had no problems buying tickets for that

Many thanks to all of you who lent your advice. I was able to secure a Double Tree hotel less than a mile from the 9/11 museum at less than $200. Getting an Uber to the port on Saturday morning should be relatively easy, right?

There should be no problem if you use the uber app.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums