Smoking on Summit

Elvis1209

I did not miss your point. Cigar smoke is the most disgusting of the disgusting. It is limited more than cigarette smoke for a reason. Yes, I would report it if anyone was smoking a cigar in a cigarettes only section. I am on board to enjoy my holiday, and I will not allow it to ruined by someone who can not be bothered adhering to the rules.

A whiff of cigar smoke would ruin your holiday? You poor, delicate little flower :)

See what I started? All I did was ask a simple question. The anti-smoking contingent just can't stay out of things that don't concern them! Okay, flame on!!!

Elvis

My invitation still stands. On the Sept. 10 cruise of Summit I'll be at the Mast Bar every night(Weather permitting) for a meeting of C.S.C.S.L.S.S. You can join me for a cigar or try to punch me in the mouth, your choice! However, if you choose the latter you'll have to by me a drink afterward!

Edited by Elvis1209

See what I started? All I did was ask a simple question. The anti-smoking contingent just can't stay out of things that don't concern them! Okay, flame on!!!

Elvis

My invitation still stands. On the Sept. 10 cruise of Summit I'll be at the Mast Bar every night(Weather permitting) for a meeting of C.S.C.S.L.S.S. You can join me for a cigar or try to punch me in the mouth, your choice! However, if you choose the latter you'll have to by me a drink afterward!

I wish I was on your cruise Elvis, you sound like my kind of drinking buddy!!

Cheers

Gerry

I didn't mean to start a new "smoking thread"! All I wanted to know is where cigar smoking is allowed. If anyone is going on the Sept 10 Summit cruise, I'll be at the Mast Bar every night having my cigar and cognac. Feel free to join me. I hope I don't ruin anybody's cruise!

Elvis

I re-read your initial post. All you asked was where can you smoke a cigar and not break the rules. I'm a former smoker (two packs of cigarettes a day myself.) However I don't understand the vitriol for asking such a simple question.

I suggest anyone vehemently against smoking, just avoid the areas where the smokers are allowed. Now you both will have what you seek.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Because I hate the small of cigar smoke. There is no odor anywhere in the world worse than the smell of cigar smoke. The smell of one cigar can contaminate at least several acres of open land.

You are free to smoke them anywhere that smoking them is permitted but just don't smoke them near me in a place where they are not allowed.

DON

Seriously? Have you ever smelled an open septic tank? :eek:

I don't like the smell of cigars or cigarettes. They both stink. But there are worse odors out there.

Seriously? Have you ever smelled an open septic tank? :eek:

I don't like the smell of cigars or cigarettes. They both stink. But there are worse odors out there.

I will not argue with that statement. Have you ever smelled these chemicals -

"Putrescine, or tetramethylenediamine, is a foul-smelling[1] organic chemical compound NH2(CH2)4NH2 (1,4-diaminobutane or butanediamine) that is related to cadaverine; both are produced by the breakdown of amino acids in living and dead organisms and both are toxic in large doses.[2][3] The two compounds are largely responsible for the foul odor of putrefying flesh, but also contribute to the odor of such processes as bad breath and bacterial vaginosis.[4] They are also found in semen and some microalgae, together with related molecules like spermine and spermidine."

They smell really really bad. However, we do not have them on a ship. We do have cigars and cigarettes.

DON

Elvis, I don't smoke or drink cognac, but would gladly join you. I will be on the NE Cruise after yours. I may go back to the Mast Bar just to see if any of your cigar smoke lingers on our first night at sea. I hope so.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did not miss your point. Cigar smoke is the most disgusting of the disgusting. It is limited more than cigarette smoke for a reason. Yes, I would report it if anyone was smoking a cigar in a cigarettes only section. I am on board to enjoy my holiday, and I will not allow it to ruined by someone who can not be bothered adhering to the rules.

Would you report someone that was on a heated lounger in the Persian Gardens for longer than the posted 20 minute limit? If you expect others to follow rules...

;)

Edited by jayoldschool

Because I hate the small of cigar smoke. There is no odor anywhere in the world worse than the smell of cigar smoke. The smell of one cigar can contaminate at least several acres of open land.

You are free to smoke them anywhere that smoking them is permitted but just don't smoke them near me in a place where they are not allowed.

DON

"..... at least several acres......."

dang.

I like to end every night at sea with a cognac and a cigar. My question is where do they allow smoking on Summit? I'm sailing in September.

Elvis

Below are the common smoking areas aboard Summit. Areas subject change at the ship's discretion.

• Deck 11 - Port side next to Mast Bar
  • Deck 10 - Sunset Bar - Aft port side
  • Deck 10 - Pool Deck - Midship Port side
  • Deck 4 - Open deck Port side from Midship going to forward

Below are the common smoking areas aboard Summit. Areas subject change at the ship's discretion.

• Deck 11 - Port side next to Mast Bar
  • Deck 10 - Sunset Bar - Aft port side
  • Deck 10 - Pool Deck - Midship Port side
  • Deck 4 - Open deck Port side from Midship going to forward

Having sailed on both Constellation and Summit last year, there was NO smoking on Deck 10, Sunset Bar aft, on either the port, mid-ship, or starboard side.

Elvis, I don't smoke or drink cognac, but would gladly join you. I will be on the NE Cruise after yours. I may go back to the Mast Bar just to see if any of your cigar smoke lingers on our first night at sea. I hope so.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will leave a cigar for you!

Elvis

Having sailed on both Constellation and Summit last year, there was NO smoking on Deck 10, Sunset Bar aft, on either the port, mid-ship, or starboard side.

I can confirm this since I also sailed on Constellation & Summit within the past year. On Constellation my cabin was right over the former port smoking area Sunset Bar (1139) and my last Summit cruise was aft midship right over Sunset Bar. Needless to say I spent a lot of time on the back of Deck 10. :D

This is just another example of Celebrity Cruises copy and pasting inaccurate, outdated information from their web site. I wonder if they've ever cruised on one of their ships?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DON

You know, I could respect your opinion if you prefaced it by saying "I think there is no smell anywhere in the world worse than cigar smoke", but you didn't. You stared a fact that cigar smoke is the worst smell in the world. Have you ever smelled the odor from a days old corpse? Well, I have. As regards to more "every day occurrences", have you ever changed a diaper? So don't tell me that cigar smoke is the worst smell in the world. Maybe it is in your world, but definitely not in mine. Okay, I'm done pontificating, flame on!

Elvis

• 11 months later...

Wino, do you know if smoking (of any kind) is allowed at the Sunset Bars of any of the S-Class ships now?

Wino, do you know if smoking (of any kind) is allowed at the Sunset Bars of any of the S-Class ships now?

It used to be only on the Port side of the Sunset Bar. I haven't been on an S-Class ship for over a year. Will be on Solstice next month, but I suspect it will be the same.