Hi from the Ruby. 1/7/17. Ask away

antsp

Do you have a cocktail list WITH prices? I love cocktails and not sure if it would be worth it to buy the "all drinks package" 1st time solo cruiser. If cocktails are over $15.00 Australian I guess the package would be a waste of money. Am I correct ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just curious, just how many cocktails,do you drink per day? :cool:

Look at your Cruise Personalizer.. It will have the beverage prices.

Happy. Cruising and good health in 2017, if the Lord wills.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

4-5. Depends on the price. I drink a lot of water, love my coffees,, but I don't drink soft drinks eg. can of coke or Fanta, just water and coffee during the day and then cocktails in the evening. I am told the "golden princess" charges and uses Australian currency on board. Would that be correct ?

Do you have a cocktail list WITH prices? I love cocktails and not sure if it would be worth it to buy the "all drinks package" 1st time solo cruiser. If cocktails are over $15.00 Australian I guess the package would be a waste of money. Am I correct ?

Princess does not make the AIBP so that you cannot get most drinks.

I thought they cover up to $14 on OZ cruises, but I think I read they are raising it?. Most drinks are under the limit allowed.

The US package is ANY drink $10 or under, and there a very few drinks that are over.

Although it does take quite a few drinks a day to make the package worthwhile. We have had the AIBP a few times as a promo. For most including us we could not drink enough to justify buying it outright.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Any one know what currency is used on the Golden Princess leaving Melbourne to Vanuatu and return to Melbourne. So 4-5 cocktails per day and lots of bottled water and coffees wouldn't come close to their asking price. Thanks in advance

Although it does take quite a few drinks a day to make the package worthwhile. For most including us we could not drink enough to justify buying it outright.

We agree. For us the math just doesn't work. While we do drink plenty of water, my wife loves her coffee, we drink some soda, and we love our beer and wine we just can't drink enough to justify the price - especially when you factor in non-ship time in when in port.

Edited by KruzeKrazy!

Yes, they all have it but do you have to buy the wifi package in order to use it?? It doesn't mention that in any of the literature I've read.

Princess@sea is the name Princess uses for all WIFI services, both the free ones and the ones with a cost.

When you connect with Princess@sea you have the option to connect to the Internet and that option has a cost.

Princess@sea also has a number of "free" items. These include seeing your onboard statement, seeing the Patter and messaging another passenger. None of these items use the Internet.

There are also few options that you can use without signing on to the Internet, but which do use the Internet. These include going to Princess.com and also to sending Princess e-cards.

• 4 months later...
We are looking at this cruise as a 90th!! birthday celebration for my mother-in-law. Do you know how easy it is to get from LAX to the cruise port, or from a hotel by the airport if we come a day early? Thanks.

Depends on the day you arrive and the time of day you arrive. I'd splurge for a limo for your MIL as a shuttle might be a little rough on her. You have three different routes you can take in the 405 to the 710, the 405 to the 110, or the 105 to the 110. It's just a little over 20 miles, but So Cal freeway traffic can be and usually is brutal. If you are looking for a hotel for a pre-cruise stay, I'd recommend a hotel closer to the cruise terminal. Check out either the Crowne Plaza or the Hilton Doubletree. Both hotels are in San Pedro. I know the Doubletree has a free shuttle to the cruise terminal and I believe the CP has one as well. The Doubletree would be my first choice.....:):):)

Bob

We are looking at this cruise as a 90th!! birthday celebration for my mother-in-law. Do you know how easy it is to get from LAX to the cruise port, or from a hotel by the airport if we come a day early? Thanks.

West Coast Departure board has lots of local info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2506365

Link to the very helpful calculator which includes the shore days and what types of drinks you might like, making it possible to work out the value of the drinks package...

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Forums mobile app

Taxi is approx $60

Uber is approx $30

Super Shuttle is approx $17pp

IMO.......I would head to San Pedro and stay there rather than get a hotel near LAX.

There a couple of hotels in San Pedro about 2 miles from the port.

Doubletree

Crown Plaza

Taxi is approx $60

Uber is approx $30

Super Shuttle is approx $17pp

IMO.......I would head to San Pedro and stay there rather than get a hotel near LAX.

There a couple of hotels in San Pedro about 2 miles from the port.

Doubletree

Crown Plaza

DW and I stayed at the Doubletree for two days before we boarded the Pacific Princess last month. Very nice hotel. The bonus was the free shuttle that took us to the cruise terminal (about 4 miles away) on embarkation day. The free shuttle will also take you basically anywhere within a 5 mile radius during your stay there. I had to make a dash to CVS & Target one day and they were more than happy to give me a ride there and come back and get me when I was done.....:):):)

Bob