Anyone do the Bar Hop in early April?

Flafun888

Hi all: searched forum and old threads, but couldn't find answer - can anyone tell me if they did the bar hop tour in late March/early April during past 2 yrs?

After reading such good things, want to book, but we're there April 5th. Prime spring break time. :eek: My DH and I are fun loving and I think would love combo of guided group tour, meeting others, bar hop and seeing the other side of island.

It's not the age range I'm worried about - all ages can be fun. Just don't want to end up being the only 2 people in a group of heavy partying frat kids who are totally out of control/binge drinking to the point of getting sick. That would totally ruin it.

I've heard the tour is well run - maybe they'd take steps to manage before it got out of control?

5-6 people on my roll call are doing their own tour through a hired driver. But part of what I hear makes the original Bar Hop tour special is the great tour guide and the interesting background info you get along the way. I don't just want a hired driver - I'd like that aspect of it too.)

I have done the Cozumel Bar Hop 3 times now, and it has always been fun. I cruise as a "solo" so it gives me a chance to go on an excursion with others from my ship, as well as whoever else is going on that particular day... Yes, there may be a group of "heavy partying frat kids" but there will almost certainly be responsible adults on the tour also. It's a great way to experience the wild side of Cozumel.

Thanks for sharing a thumb's up, Sid! I really want to do it - sounds like an interesting tour, bar crawl and scenic drive/experience all in one. You didn't mention - were you there during either March/April? Or just 3x in general?

I'm a teacher and can only travel during spring break. We did the bar hop last year (mid-March during a good portion of Canada's March Break) -- it was so much fun. I was worried about the same thing, but this excursion is a little on the pricey side for the college crowd. We had a mix of ages, but the average tends to be 30s/40s/50s.

Our guide told me it was like that most weeks. If you've been-there-done-that for a lot of other Cozumel activities, it's a great alternate!

Edited by Musigurl

Hi all: searched forum and old threads, but couldn't find answer - can anyone tell me if they did the bar hop tour in late March/early April during past 2 yrs?

After reading such good things, want to book, but we're there April 5th. Prime spring break time. :eek: My DH and I are fun loving and I think would love combo of guided group tour, meeting others, bar hop and seeing the other side of island.

It's not the age range I'm worried about - all ages can be fun. Just don't want to end up being the only 2 people in a group of heavy partying frat kids who are totally out of control/binge drinking to the point of getting sick. That would totally ruin it.

I've heard the tour is well run - maybe they'd take steps to manage before it got out of control?

5-6 people on my roll call are doing their own tour through a hired driver. But part of what I hear makes the original Bar Hop tour special is the great tour guide and the interesting background info you get along the way. I don't just want a hired driver - I'd like that aspect of it too.)

April 5th is really not prime spring break time. It is too late for college breaks and too early for the K-12 students to be on Easter break.