Majesty of the Seas - Boring?!

I just booked a cruise on the Majesty of the Seas for 7/17 out of Port Canaveral for my husband and I, as well as one of our friends. We are in our late 20's/early 30's.

My husband was checking out the ship after I made the reservation and said it looked boring. How can a cruise ship be boring?! I know there's a rock climbing wall, a walking track, and pools/hot tubs, but what else is there to do during our cruise day/night (that doesn't cost extra)? We're not big drinkers.

Are there any shows on this ship? The man I spoke to when booking the trip said to make a reservation for any shows we might like, but we didn't see anything listed on the site?

Hoping I didn't make a mistake booking this cruise. It's my first time cruising as an adult and their first times ever cruising.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Majesty has shows every evening, including production shows, headliners (comedians, jigglers, singers, etc,), and Love & Marriage. Majesty does not have reservations for shows, all shows are first come, first served. They also hold the Quest one night.

Edited by clarea

Given the ages you posted, I believe you would have been much happier on the Oasis. Oasis has tons of things to do - no extra charge - many more places to eat at no extra charge.

I seem to recall Majesty is called "a party boat" sailed by many of the FL locals as weekend getaways. We sailed her sister the Monarch a few years ago and I called it a bucket of bolts. However, we are booked on Majesty in November but in a junior suite. Would never sail ocean view again.

Check out Oasis which also sails from Port Canaveral. At your ages, I think you will be much happier.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise.

Given the ages you posted, I believe you would have been much happier on the Oasis. Oasis has tons of things to do - no extra charge - many more places to eat at no extra charge.

I seem to recall Majesty is called "a party boat" sailed by many of the FL locals as weekend getaways. We sailed her sister the Monarch a few years ago and I called it a bucket of bolts. However, we are booked on Majesty in November but in a junior suite. Would never sail ocean view again.

Check out Oasis which also sails from Port Canaveral. At your ages, I think you will be much happier.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise.

Thanks, Snit. Why wouldn't you do an ocean view again? That's what we have booked right now - an ocean view with a Pullman bed. I don't think the Oasis sails from Orlando those dates, unfortunately, but I will do some research. Thanks, again!

Majesty has shows every evening, including production shows, headliners (comedians, jigglers, singers, etc,), and Love & Marriage. Majesty does not have reservations for shows, all shows are first come, first served. They also hold the Quest one night.

Thanks, Clarea! Sorry, I'm new to RC - what is Quest?

Thanks, Snit. Why wouldn't you do an ocean view again? That's what we have booked right now - an ocean view with a Pullman bed. I don't think the Oasis sails from Orlando those dates, unfortunately, but I will do some research. Thanks, again!

Oasis is currently based in Port Canaveral year round, and does 7-day cruises starting in Sundays.

The ocean view cabins on the Majesty are small. 120+ square feet. If you are out and about (and it sounds as though you will be), then the size won't bother you. There are larger OVs on Deck 9.

When we were onboard in October, there was a lot going on in all the lounges - music and dancing - as we went through. It seems like there was a party on deck one night. I can't imagine that you would be bored.

The ocean view cabins on the Majesty are small. 120+ square feet. If you are out and about (and it sounds as though you will be), then the size won't bother you. There are larger OVs on Deck 9.

When we were onboard in October, there was a lot going on in all the lounges - music and dancing - as we went through. It seems like there was a party on deck one night. I can't imagine that you would be bored.

Thanks, Vicki!

I just booked a cruise on the Majesty of the Seas for 7/17 out of Port Canaveral for my husband and I, as well as one of our friends. We are in our late 20's/early 30's.

My husband was checking out the ship after I made the reservation and said it looked boring. How can a cruise ship be boring?! I know there's a rock climbing wall, a walking track, and pools/hot tubs, but what else is there to do during our cruise day/night (that doesn't cost extra)? We're not big drinkers.

Are there any shows on this ship? The man I spoke to when booking the trip said to make a reservation for any shows we might like, but we didn't see anything listed on the site?

Hoping I didn't make a mistake booking this cruise. It's my first time cruising as an adult and their first times ever cruising.

Thanks!

Wife & I did a 4 day Majesty back in August. I copied all the documents, including Cruise Compasses (Daily Planners) and put them all online. Take it look, even though it's five months old, it will give you an idea of what to expect.

If you are doing the 3 day venue, just ignore the 4th day at sea compass.

Here is the link...

http://the-hotline.net/MajestyOnboardDocuments/

Dennis & Sue

Wife & I did a 4 day Majesty back in August. I copied all the documents, including Cruise Compasses (Daily Planners) and put them all online. Take it look, even though it's five months old, it will give you an idea of what to expect.

If you are doing the 3 day venue, just ignore the 4th day at sea compass.

Here is the link...

http://the-hotline.net/MajestyOnboardDocuments/

Dennis & Sue

Wow, thank you so much! These docs are great!!

Cabin was so small 2 people could not walk around at same time. It was dark and dismal for us. Friends traveling with us in cabin next door never forgave me for booking those cabins. Friend had spent 30 years in Canadian Navy and said his bunk on ship had more room.

Did you check the sq ft for the cabin you booked? Don't need a lot of space but need to be able to walk around 2 at a time. Maybe you will be out having a good time and won't mind the lack of space.

As far as I know Oasis sails from Orlando/Port Canaveral every Sunday unless a special cruise. We did the 5 night before Christmas. Bet you would love Oasis.

Cabin was so small 2 people could not walk around at same time. It was dark and dismal for us. Friends traveling with us in cabin next door never forgave me for booking those cabins. Friend had spent 30 years in Canadian Navy and said his bunk on ship had more room.

Did you check the sq ft for the cabin you booked? Don't need a lot of space but need to be able to walk around 2 at a time. Maybe you will be out having a good time and won't mind the lack of space.

As far as I know Oasis sails from Orlando/Port Canaveral every Sunday unless a special cruise. We did the 5 night before Christmas. Bet you would love Oasis.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm hoping it'll be okay as is. We know it'll be small and cramped, but hopefully we'll really only be on the room to sleep and shower.

Oasis sounds great, and we'll keep it in mind for our next cruise! Thanks for your help!

That's always good to hear!! Sailing in Majesty in February.

We're sailing on MOTS Feb. 20th. I'll be boarding while your leaving. :)

This will be the second time for me and the wife on MOTS. It was this ship that made us fall in love with Royal Caribbean line. Enjoy!

Thanks!

Just got off Majesty last month, and it was FAR from boring! What exactly are you looking to do onboard? There were plenty of folks in your age group onboard and they were having a ball! The pool deck stayed active the whole sailing, the bars were busy, the shows were pretty good, Karaoke in Boleros Lounge nightly was a lot of fun. Keep in mind that Majesty only does 3-4 day sailings, so there's only so much that you will get to do in a short period of time. Go with an open mind; it's what you make of your vacation that matters!

Unless your husband has cruised before, maybe he thinks all cruises would be boring. My husband did. Then he took his first cruise of what will wind up, God willing, the first of many!

You'll have a great time.

We are now contemplating a future cruise with our sons and their families and I do want to book with a ship that is outfitted with a lot of activities for the children. I think it will be an interesting experience for my husband and me to sail at least one time on a mega ship (we are still newbies). But honestly, I think I will come back preferring the smaller ships in the end.

My husband and I just returned from Majesty. We were really impressed with the talent in the production shows. Couldn't believe they had 2 production shows on a 4 nighter.

I was also happy that they hadn't changed to the menus that are on Harmony. They still had the delicious cheese rolls at dinner.

We had a great time.