Pets on the ship

Jamericannn

I was on another website where they were discussing pets on the cruise. Some people believe carnival should allow people to carry their dogs, cats and other pets on the cruise. Some don't want that.

Personally, I would not want that allowed on the ship. I like animals but not to the point where I want to be on my vacation with them. Personally, I don't own any because I just don't want to live with dogs and cats in my house.

Would you guys welcome animals on the ship?

Edited by Jamericannn
Added the question

I was on another website where they were discussing pets on the cruise. Some people believe carnival should allow people to carry their dogs, cats and other pets on the cruise. Some don't want that.

Personally, I would not want that allowed on the ship. I like animals but not to the point where I want to be on my vacation with them. Personally, I don't own any because I just don't want to live with dogs and cats in my house.

Would you guys welcome animals on the ship?

If someone has a certified, licensed support animal, then that animal must be allowed boarding with its owner, even if that person's handicap isn't outwardly noticeable.

As long as I am not stepping in its business, I should stay out of its business.

Not me! I know there are service dogs allowed. Some are real service animals, some are internet purchased service dog certificates and vests (yes, you can get them all day).

If they are service animals, they are well trained not to bark or beg or create havoc. I'm fine with that.

But just to carry on little Muffy or Fluffy with their internet-purchased vests so mommy and daddy have their little fur-baby with them - a resounding NO.

Absolutely not other than verified service animals. Too many people wouldn't clean up after their dogs/cat. Imagine being in a cabin after the dog/cat peed in it. Who cleans it up?

People are allergic to them also. I couldn't imagine being in a cabin after someone else had their cat in there since I am allergic to them.

Hell no! So not only would you have to worry about crying babies or drunk neighbors, but barking dogs in the cabins next to you! Not to mention if they had accidents on the carpets or escaped and went running down the hallways. And I could see cats falling overboard if they got out on the balcony.

I am one of the greatest animal lovers there are and I don't like to leave them for vacation, but there's no way they belong on a ship. They are extremely well behaved (well the cat can be naughty at times[emoji39]), but no. Any non service animals belong where they are safe at home.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Not me! I know there are service dogs allowed. Some are real service animals, some are internet purchased service dog certificates and vests (yes, you can get them all day).

If they are service animals, they are well trained not to bark or beg or create havoc. I'm fine with that.

But just to carry on little Muffy or Fluffy with their internet-purchased vests so mommy and daddy have their little fur-baby with them - a resounding NO.

This....[emoji3]

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Service animals of course are OK.

As for pets, no since you can't clean up all the hair and dander from a stateroom or cabin. I am a huge animal lover but when you have family members who are severely allergic them, I have to say no. My daughter has a severe allergy that includes "hyper-allergenic" dogs. She and I both are allergic to Benadryl, so what do you do? No medicine to take to make you well.

Cruising is a clean place for those with these kinds of allergies.

Hell no!

THIS!!! No thank you...this is what kennels are for (or relatives/friends)...dont want them in grocery stores, restaurants or on cruise ships, there is no doggy park or "go" place on board the ship. Bad enough the crew has to clean up after some of the people I have seen on ships and do the "pet" people need to pay more in tips since someone needs to clean for extra hair and "things" in their cabins. Please, we just got rid of the smoke smell in cabins lets not get crazy. Hair everywhere, barking, no where to walk them, carrying pets around the ship near food, who in their right minds would even think to bring their pet (not talking about a certified service animal) with them on a cruise? :eek:

Edited by Drazil65

Hell no! So not only would you have to worry about crying babies or drunk neighbors, but barking dogs in the cabins next to you! Not to mention if they had accidents on the carpets or escaped and went running down the hallways. And I could see cats falling overboard if they got out on the balcony.

I am one of the greatest animal lovers there are and I don't like to leave them for vacation, but there's no way they belong on a ship. They are extremely well behaved (well the cat can be naughty at times[emoji39]), but no. Any non service animals belong where they are safe at home.

This! I love animals more than most people, and I would take my cat everywhere with me if I could, but NO, absolutely not!

No. We have three cats, but I wouldn't want to take one with us. Since the cabin steward has the door blocked open while cleaning, I have no doubt the cat would take off down the hallway and we'd spend the better part of our cruise trying to track him down. Not how I want to spend my vacation. We also have a dog that's a Shepherd / Husky mix. For the most part, he's a pretty good dog. But I'd hate for someone to approach him when he doesn't want to be bothered and end up getting bitten. As much as we love our animals, it's good every now and then to get away by ourselves for a few days. And I don't think anyone, no matter how much you like animals, wants to see a cruise ship become a modern day version of Noah's Ark.

Those they are saying no pets on Carnival ships are wrong, sorry about that tidbit of info. Carnival has allowed pets onboard other than service animals in the past.

Wrong. Maybe in the past, but here is the Carnival policy from their website:

BRINGING PETS ONBOARD

We are sorry but pets are not permitted onboard.

Carnival Cruise Line only permits service/working dogs on board our ships. Therapy/companion or service dogs in training are not permitted onboard.

Sent from my Galaxy 4

BRINGING PETS ONBOARD

Carnival Cruise Line only permits service/working dogs on board our ships. Therapy/companion or service dogs in training are not permitted onboard.

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Good morning, yes I'm well aware of that policy.

Agreed. Our son is highly allergic to cats and if they were allowed on ships his days of cruising would be over.

I love my dog child and he goes pretty much everywhere with me, but I would not even think about bringing him on a cruise with me. He stays with my dad and is well taken care of while I'm gone. I don't think pets should be allowed on cruise ships because it would be a logistical nightmare. I completely understand service animals being on the ship, but not just someone's pet.

On a regular cruise ship no, maybe if they designed a ship for having pets on board, there are enough pet crazy people that they would probably be able to fill it. However the logistics would be a nightmare, all the open dinning areas would be a huge problem. In ports leave the pet unattended in the stateroom? Most foreign countries have strict requirements for pets entering the country sometimes even quarantine so it would be difficult.

I love my dogs and they are a big part of our family however I would not take them on a cruise, I can't imagine trying to share the small cabin with 2 50lb dogs, one that barks when she hears someone outside and my 15 month old... just to leave them in the cabin all day, I can't imagine regulations would allow them in the dinning areas. Safety reasons not allowed in pools, noise would prevent them from going to many activities, and the be stuck in the cabin for 8 hours while you go ashore not fun for the pets at all

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No! I don't like seeing people dragging their pooches through all the stores these days either. I wish more businesses would actually start enforcing the no animal policy better.

Again, no problem with legitimate, real service animals. In fact, our last cruise had one on board. Beautiful German Shepard, and of course, extremely well behaved. It was cute though, the guy took his pictures with the dog. But again, while that's fine because the dog is trained to handle these things, most animals aren't like that.

And like others said, unfortunately, it's gotten easier to "certify" your therapy pet, which is wrong. Maybe I'll get it done for my bearded dragon and snake!! :D

If someone has a certified, licensed support animal, then that animal must be allowed boarding with its owner, even if that person's handicap isn't outwardly noticeable.

As long as I am not stepping in its business, I should stay out of its business.

this is not true. if someone has a certified SERVICE animal they are covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act. these animals are allowed anywhere the general public can go. an ESA (emotional support animal)is not covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act which is why businesses can legally deny them access to their property. the only properties the ESA animals are allowed in are airplanes, and certain housing situations where no pets are allowed. in these situations the airline and landlord are legally allowed to ask them for a written note from their doctor who prescribed the ESA animal. this is because anyone can order a B.S. ESA document from the internet that means nothing under the law.

In that case it's completely understandable. That person would likely be in the designated handicapped room which would be good because some people are allergic to animals. I am allergic to cats and would not like to be in a room that a cat was just in. I would get hives and start hitching.

BRINGING PETS ONBOARD

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Current policy is exactly what it should be. I hope Carnival never changes it.