Animal encounters

TuamGalway

It's off the beaten path and more Southern Caribbean, but the Barbados Wildlife Reserve was fun. Go at feeding time at 2:00 for close encounters with animals. Monkeys tugged on my pant legs (I think they thought I had the food), and you had to be careful not to trip over tortoises. It was quite the menagerie.

http://www.barbados.org/reserve.htm

One of the best animal encounters I had was swimming with the manatees in Cozumel at the national park Chankanuub. It was awesome and very unstructured! What gentle animals! I also loved the swimming with the sting rays in Grand Cayman, which is done out in the ocean on a big sand bar. Very cool!

In Grand Cayman, we enjoyed Stingray City on one trip, and the turtle farm on another trip....my husband and daughter snorkeled with the turtles for more than two hours! In Roatan, book a trip to Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Sanctuary....you can hold them!

I'm not a fan of "captive" dolphin shows/encounters....poor dolphins....

Im also not a fan of captive dolphin encounters'. Here's an article of the conditions they are kept in and how the cruise ship industry has fueled this activity: https://www.thedodo.com/swim-dolphins-caribbean-1094674999.html

Well that didn't take long.......

I don't see where the OP was referencing Dolphin encounters specifically. And to further answer their question (which you did not), in addition to those mentioned, in the various regions of the Caribbean you can encounter Monkeys in St. Kitts, Stingrays (in their natural habitat) in Grand Cayman, Flamingos and sea turtles in Bonnaire, fish anywhere snorkeling, and of course Dolphins in Cozumel and Curacao. I'm sure there are a number of others that I am missing as well....

Edited by leaveitallbehind