Ncl jade- deck plans after drydock?

BermudaBound2014

There are a few Jade drydock threads floating around. In one, a poster who normally has good intel said the drydock was being scaled back. I wouldn't expect many changes other than getting rid of the Hawaiian theme.

In about 45 days we will know for sure.

We are on the first sailing after the dry dock. From what I have found from all my research is that the deck plans won't change. They are refurbishing all of the venues and common areas. New decor and carpeting and such. There is an article that shows the artist renditions of how it will look after it is complete. I read somewhere that details on what changes will be made to the staterooms will be released later.

http://www.express.co.uk/travel/cruise/713410/Norwegian-Jades-multi-million-pound-upgrade-debut-Southampton-2017

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

We are on the first sailing after the dry dock. From what I have found from all my research is that the deck plans won't change. They are refurbishing all of the venues and common areas. New decor and carpeting and such. There is an article that shows the artist renditions of how it will look after it is complete. I read somewhere that details on what changes will be made to the staterooms will be released later.

http://www.express.co.uk/travel/cruise/713410/Norwegian-Jades-multi-million-pound-upgrade-debut-Southampton-2017

I had seen those pics before our Dec. trip on the Gem. Looking at them again they look exactly like they were taken on the Gem after the Gem's last drydock.

I would be amazed if they change the spinnaker lounge to cabins. It was done on a couple of ships years ago, but not on the last few to be done.

I've also seen a few comments suggesting that it may happen on the Jade but they all seem to have been from people who are just assuming that is what they do every time.

In expecting changes similar to the other Jewel ships (Moderno moved next to Cagneys and Blue Lagoon/Moderno changed to o'Sheehans.

We are on the first sailing after the dry dock. From what I have found from all my research is that the deck plans won't change.

Yes, the deck plans should be changing, but not in the way OP described.

All other Dawn class and Jewel class ships had Star Bar revamped into a smaller Mojito bar and the lounge area there (and in the adjoining room) changed to host Moderno that moves there from deck 8 to make room for Blue Lagoon to O'Sheehan's conversion.

I would be amazed if they change the spinnaker lounge to cabins. It was done on a couple of ships years ago, but not on the last few to be done.

Comments like these are only fueling the fire of rumors about converting Spinnaker Lounge to cabins.

The change was only done on Dawn class ships (two ships: Star and Dawn) that don't have Haven and hence had a lot less suites than all newer ships after them.

No Jewel class ship has had that change done and such change has never been planned.

Comments like these are only fueling the fire of rumors about converting Spinnaker Lounge to cabins.

How does me saying I'd me amazed if it happens fuel the rumours?

It was in response to the OP saying that they have heard comments from people suggesting it will be done. I was explaining that it won't be and later commented that the people who are saying it were probably just making incorrect assumptions.

Maybe my wording was not as clear as I intended, but my intention was to assure that such rumours seem to be totally unfounded.

I only mentioned it because someone else had.

Edited by KeithJenner

I'll try to post some updates from the ship with the changes. I'll start a thread closer to our sail date so people can suggest things for me to look for and specific questions to answer. This is our first time on this ship or NCL, so I won't be familiar with the old layout and such..