Places to eat after embarking

kbset

Hello kbset,

If you want to avoid the Horizon Court buffet on embarkation day head straight to the casual International Cafe (IC) on deck 5 at The Piazza, center of ship. You can get a quick bite to eat there. They usually have an assortment of salads, panini sandwiches, cookies, desserts, etc.

Or another option is to head to the Neptune's Pool area, forward on Lido Deck. There you will find Trident Grill ( chicken, burgers, fries,) and the Pizzeria, for pizza. Hope this helps!

Enjoy your cruise!

~Karen is Craving A Cruise

There have been a number of posts lately stating that the dining rooms are no longer available on boarding.

That little mystery has been solved. The dining rooms ARE open for lunch.

One good option if you find yourself in the crowded buffet is to go out on deck and find the Trident Grill for burgers, etc. It isn't usually as mobbed on the first day because people haven't found it yet.

Edited by shredie

That little mystery has been solved. The dining rooms ARE open for lunch.

Cool. I must have missed that. Many thanks for clearing it up. We generally don't board in time for lunch in MDR but I know it's important to quite a few people. (We also rarely manage to eat breakfast in MDR as we are on vacation and don't tend to get up very early. :))

The Coral MDR on deck 6 mid will most likely be open for lunch from noon to 1:30 PM on embarkation day. If you ask any crew though they will tell you it is closed so go to the doors and see for yourself.

I've found is that even with priority boarding it can be a squeaker getting to the dining room by 1:30, a time that's strictly enforced, t'd the OP will have a blue card. He shouldn't count on it.

The Coral MDR on deck 6 mid will most likely be open for lunch from noon to 1:30 PM on embarkation day. If you ask any crew though they will tell you it is closed so go to the doors and see for yourself.

I've found is that even with priority boarding it can be a squeaker getting to the dining room by 1:30, a time that's strictly enforced, t'd the OP will have a blue card. He shouldn't count on it.

Just don't expect to go to MUTS and get warm cookies and milk like they have in print in the brochure. Thats a blatant lie. You get popcorn and they just say, you want cookies go to Horizon and you can get warm milk there also. That's because it is extended life and stored warm.:mad:

Is there anything on the Ruby Princess? We loved Alfredos for the wonderful pizza on another ship. We just don't enjoy the buffet setting.
Ruby's option are similar to most Princess ships; dining room from noon to 1:30, Horizon Court buffet, Trident Grill for burgers and the sort, Pizza and Ice Cream Bar for pizza by the slice, and the International Cafe for salads sandwiches, soup, and desserts

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just don't expect to go to MUTS and get warm cookies and milk like they have in print in the brochure. Thats a blatant lie. You get popcorn and they just say, you want cookies go to Horizon and you can get warm milk there also. That's because it is extended life and stored warm.:mad:

I actually had someone come around with a cart while watching a movie on MUTS one afternoon. I was just walking across the deck and realized that Casa Blanca had started shortly before. I got sucked in and watched the movie and, while watching, a crew member came around pushing a cart and I had nice warm cookies and cold milk. It was great! :D

(Of course that was, I think, in 2012...)