School Supplies for the islands...

Gaznjo

Read this on another social media site and I lots of you ask questions about helping out

Mr Lowe , thank you. Hello. I am Ben the principal of Anelcauhat Skool. It is next to Mystery Island. I please ask if Please can you all go to the school sales and buy $10 school supplies. Please give them to any principal and teacher in Vila and Mystery Island and the cruise visits in Vanuatu. $10 buy supplies for 5 children for year. Please copy my message and tell everyone for all Vanuatu. Please the $10 sales in Australia are good. Kind people please help all Vanuatu place you visit. Thank you. Mr. Ben. Please share. We use basic school supplies. 48 page Exercise books, pens, pencil, erasers, ruler, coloured pencils. A five cent book in Australia costs nearly $2 here. The chinese own the shops. Please support Vanuatu schools.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last visit to Vanuatu/Port Vila we took 1/2 suitcase full of colouring in books & pencils and exercise books. Careful who you give them to, they can go astray! The Manager of our resort (Nasama) hand delivered them to a school near bye. The schools are desperate for equipment.

skool - in the American urban dictionary as a verb.

They definitely need school supplies. ;)

The writer using the word 'skool' was not displaying their lack of education but using the Vanuatu Bislama language which is described as a creole or pidgin English language, widely spoken throughout the many islands, amongst the hundreds of local languages.

The schools are doing a great job educating the children and every bit of support is greatly appreciated by them.

On our recent cruise there on Carnival Legend our party of 11 left school supplies in Vila, with our local tour guide for his village school, and with the local children singing to the tourists at the pier as we were re-boarding. We also left supplies with the school group who were singing on Mystery Island.

We also took balls and Frisbees for our group to play with at the beaches on the various islands in Vanuatu & New Caledonia we visited, and left these with the local children when we left.

I encourage anyone who I speak with who is visiting the Pacific Islands to maybe take a few supplied along for the locals.

In the warehouse that you walk through at Lautoka dock, I saw a large pile of boxes labeled "Dept of Education VIC".

I've no idea what was in them, but they were crusted in dirt and dust and had been there a long time.

One of the reasons for caution. Lots of donations don't make it to the people who need it.

The writer using the word 'skool' was not displaying their lack of education but using the Vanuatu Bislama language which is described as a creole or pidgin English language, widely spoken throughout the many islands, amongst the hundreds of local languages.

The schools are doing a great job educating the children and every bit of support is greatly appreciated by them.

On our recent cruise there on Carnival Legend our party of 11 left school supplies in Vila, with our local tour guide for his village school, and with the local children singing to the tourists at the pier as we were re-boarding. We also left supplies with the school group who were singing on Mystery Island.

We also took balls and Frisbees for our group to play with at the beaches on the various islands in Vanuatu & New Caledonia we visited, and left these with the local children when we left.

I encourage anyone who I speak with who is visiting the Pacific Islands to maybe take a few supplied along for the locals.

Could be wrong "SKUL" would be more appurtenant to Aneityum, Vanuatu :D

Trouble AKA peter :D:D:D