A Review Of Our Recent Silhouette Cruise

drychi

Reading with great interest as we will be sailing March 26th on this ship.

We have air and cabin (aqua class) but still need hotel. We get in late the night before so just need a place to crash. Staying one day after the cruise also.

Will be watching the replies in your review. Thanks for taking the time to submit the review.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we'll be boarding Silhouette on 1/22. I do have a question --- what time were you required to be out of your cabin on disembarkation day? There has been a lot of discussion on this board re: new policy of 7:00 am , so I'm curious what your experience was.

Your review was exactly what most passengers want. No one cares about when the Gold by the Inch or the cheap watch sales are. I want to know what the food os like, your recommendations on the dining venues, cabin and ship services. Thank you for a job well done.

Check out Fort Lauderdale Inn and Cruise Port. Soon to be 4 Points

By Sheraton

Shuttle from airport and to port

Rate is around 140.00

Took your advice and booked this hotel. They do not offer free transportation to the port but from airport to hotel. I think they said $6/person to cruise port. My rate was $195 + tax. About the cheapest I could find.

Good afternoon everyone.

Cynbar: The Celebrity Today says that all guests should be out of the room by 7:00 a.m. Debarkation was to begin at 7:30 a.m. for self-assist passengers. We had room completely empty, except for carry-on bag and wife's purse which were on couch by 7:00 a.m. Went to breakfast in Ocean View, returned to room about 7:40 a.m. picked up our stuff, and went to the Elite Lounge to wait for our number to be called. Our cabin steward was in the hall, so he knew of our timetable and said it was fine. We have done this same routine on numerous cruises. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good evening TeeRick. I believe they will show it in Celebrity Central if they can get it on satellite. Watched portions of the 2015 National Football Championship on the in room television as well. Happy Cruising! Bob Aulgur

Thank you for the great review!

We sailed on her right before your cruise started Dec 26th - Dec 30th, then moved to Royal Princess.

Loved it too!

Salmon (lox) was in buffet every morning.

We also loved British sausages and eggs Benedict.

Overall food was great.

What was your itinerary?

Good morning everyone.

Mlambert: We did not have this package, so I cannot tell you the internet package price. I suspect you can find it somewhere on the main Celebrity Cruises website.

Tatka: We left Fort Lauderdale on December 30, 2016. Had 2 sea days (including New Year's Eve) then went to San Juan Puerto Rico, St. John Antigua, Phillipsburg St. Maarten, Charlotte Amalie St. Thomas and 2 days at sea arriving back in Fort Lauderdale on January 8, 2017. It was a wonderful 9 day trip. It was also a Top Chef cruise as well, so the foodies on board were very excited. I believe this was an unusual itinerary for this ship, normally does 7 day cruises in the Caribbean.

Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Bob and Linda-

Did you have a favorite bar/lounge with music (like James Tayor, the Eagles, John Melloncamp) or a musician playing? We love music but not really into the piano bars. Also I LOVE fresh mojitos, any suggestions on a favorite bar/bartender?

Thanks!

We were on the sailing right after this one - the four-nighter to Cozumel. We always love the Sunset bar. Oneil and the other Jamaican bartender there (sorry, I just can't remember his name) were great!! As for the music, we liked the house band, Casablanca. They played a bit of everything, and they are pretty good, but there was really no where that you're going to find a lot of the type of music you mentioned (which we also like). There was a jazz combo and a pretty good guitar player as well, that also played at various locations/times around the ship.

Very helpful. We leave next Sunday, sailing with Celebrity for the first time. Hubby uses a cpap machine. Is there a plug by the bed? We usually take an extension cord, however, Celebrity has it on the list of things not allowed.

No, there is no outlet near the beds. There are a couple outlets by the desk.

Thought the cabin number sounded familiar. my sister and I will be in 8253 on our February cruise. Love the extended balcony, we often have room service light breakfast out there. Do wish we had foot stools, they would fit so nicely. Enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for sharing.

Dblane. Hope you and your sister have a great cruise! We enjoyed the room and it's location. Say hello to Joseph for us if he is still assigned to that cabin. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

We were on the sailing right after this one - the four-nighter to Cozumel. We always love the Sunset bar. Oneil and the other Jamaican bartender there (sorry, I just can't remember his name) were great!! As for the music, we liked the house band, Casablanca. They played a bit of everything, and they are pretty good, but there was really no where that you're going to find a lot of the type of music you mentioned (which we also like). There was a jazz combo and a pretty good guitar player as well, that also played at various locations/times around the ship.

On our Thanksgiving cruise on the Silhouette, the female lead singer for Casablanca disappeared for the last 4 days of the cruise and they became a foursome...and no one could really qualify as a lead singer. Did they have a female lead on your cruise? We were not sure if she got sick or quit.