A Review Of Our Recent Silhouette Cruise

drychi

Good afternoon snyniew. I believe that the Top Chef menu has been a part of the normal MDR menu rotation for some time. I assume it still is on current cruises. It was served on the second Evening Chic dinner on our nine day cruise. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our Thanksgiving cruise on the Silhouette, the female lead singer for Casablanca disappeared for the last 4 days of the cruise and they became a foursome...and no one could really qualify as a lead singer. Did they have a female lead on your cruise? We were not sure if she got sick or quit.

Happy to report that she was with the band for the New Year's cruise as well as the following four day cruise to Cozumel. She has such a wonderful rich, full voice. Never tired of listening to her.

I wasn't sure so did some research....your cruise departed FLL, correct?

Good stuff, we have a cruise on the Silhouette schedule January 2018. We'll be flying into FLL from MEM. I am getting ready to do some rough airline, motel, etc planning so your post is appreciated.

Doug

Check out Fort Lauderdale Inn and Cruise Port. Soon to be 4 Points

By Sheraton

Shuttle from airport and to port

Rate is around 140.00

We just booked this hotel for the day before( march25) We paid $250.00 which included taxes

Janetz, I think it was just that inexpensive when they were getting such horrible reviews on trip advisor during the renovations. The price is much more expensive now and the reviews are improving.

Oh....We lucked out :D

Good morning Cocoa4. I have never brought any soda or water on-board before so I cannot answer this question. You might check the Celebrity website or use the search function on this Celebrity forum for the answer to this question. Welcome to Celebrity and I am sure you will have a wonderful experience on your first Celebrity cruise. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Drychii this was a nice review...I was curious as to the dailies and maybe I missed it but are they posted somewhere that I could find? Was there silent disco anywhere?

Also another question and I apologize that I should know this but when they say Captains Club hostess is she or he onboard ship? If so where are they located?

We are going on Sillouette in April.

Drychii this was a nice review...I was curious as to the dailies and maybe I missed it but are they posted somewhere that I could find? Was there silent disco anywhere?

Also another question and I apologize that I should know this but when they say Captains Club hostess is she or he onboard ship? If so where are they located?

We are going on Sillouette in April.

Captains Club Hostess is on Deck 10 near the elevators (in the Library).

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the quick answers TeeRick and Beach Spring.

Cheeseheads4ever: I would search the thread for copies of the Celebrity Today schedules. I have them, but no way to post them. I would be glad to answer any questions you might have.

blueboro: I have never used the Captains Club hostess to make a specialty dining reservation. They can be made in advance of your cruise on most sailings and you will have multiple opportunities to sign up for them during embarkation and once you are on-board. You can also make them directly with the restaurant you are interested in by calling 7000 on your cabin phone or dropping by the restaurant just before or while it is open. Many of them are open the afternoon of embarkation for reservations as well.

I believe the main duties of the Captains Club host/hostess is to deal with Captains Club events, straighten out any Captains Club status issues, smooth out any problems with ship or shore excursion matters for members and help with debarkation for Elite and above passengers. If asked I believe they would do this for you, but I don't believe it is really part of their normal duties.

Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the quick answers TeeRick and Beach Spring.

Cheeseheads4ever: I would search the thread for copies of the Celebrity Today schedules. I have them, but no way to post them. I would be glad to answer any questions you might have.

blueboro: I have never used the Captains Club hostess to make a specialty dining reservation. They can be made in advance of your cruise on most sailings and you will have multiple opportunities to sign up for them during embarkation and once you are on-board. You can also make them directly with the restaurant you are interested in by calling 7000 on your cabin phone or dropping by the restaurant just before or while it is open. Many of them are open the afternoon of embarkation for reservations as well.

I believe the main duties of the Captains Club host/hostess is to deal with Captains Club events, straighten out any Captains Club status issues, smooth out any problems with ship or shore excursion matters for members and help with debarkation for Elite and above passengers. If asked I believe they would do this for you, but I don't believe it is really part of their normal duties.

Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Thanks. Hate to book in advance for specialty restaurants as we want to us some of our $500 onboard credit and not pay in advance.

No real need to book them in advance. You can buy a discounted package once you are onboard. Go to the MDR or Guest Services. Also they have plenty of people around the ship particularly near Oceanview Cafe trying to sell you Specialty Dining among other things.