Live from the PG b2b Jan 14 to Jan 28

Emdee

Looking out of the balcony. Great weather and calm seas. So sad our marina dinner could not take place this cruise. There is a chance we could have it in Moorea. Would have been a nice anniversary celebration.

Radar shows some clouds later but currently broken sun. Projection looks decent for Moorea with some showers now and then but primarily sunny.

Airport opened last night after being closed for 24 hours due to flooding. An AF flight was diverted to Rarotonga where everyone waited it out for 12 hours, then the flight returned to PPT.

My new South Pacific Instagram gallery, new pictures uploaded daily. https://www.instagram.com/tahitianbigkahuna/

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Great day in BB.

Went to Motu morning and aft. Nary a cloud in sight.

The Chef Inocha spoiled us with a special order of Biryani for lunch. Marvin, a deck steward even made my fave drink for me fresh lime juice with salt.

Great to feel all the love from the staff!

Now dinner at Le Grill.

Last night was a fabulous dinner at Le Grill. I had a double order of their wonderful coconut shrimp and their new main local crusted Scallops in sweet potato purée. I was so stuffed that I had no room for the Creme brûlée.

I am glad to see the signature creme Brûlée in more than one restaurant. Frankly I think it should be offered at all restaurants.

Efren also made me a very pleasant long drink yesterday. About 3 inches of strongbow muddled with fresh grated ginger and mint and then filled with Sprite Zero. Very light and very low calorie and just a lovely long refresher. For some reason Colin and Efren bonded on our first PG cruise in 2003 and since then he has been a DCunha family favourite. Love all the other bartenders as well, Ernesto, Ray, Jerome etc. Ernesto kindly made blue cheese olives for a blue cheese martini for Colin. Ricardo is also doing a tremendous job as head bartender Kudos to him.

Looking out of the balcony. Great weather and calm seas. So sad our marina dinner could not take place this cruise. There is a chance we could have it in Moorea. Would have been a nice anniversary celebration.

Our PG cruise in March will be our first. Curious about the marina dinner, is this set up for only a single group or is it an open affair available by reservation? I assume there is an additional cost?

Our PG cruise in March will be our first. Curious about the marina dinner, is this set up for only a single group or is it an open affair available by reservation? I assume there is an additional cost?

I believe it is listed on the excursion list. There is only 1 per cruise. Ask your agent about this.

Enjoyed a lovely sailaway from the Bridge ...had never done one out of BB.

Great dinner and how about those desserts. One better than the other.

Tomorrow Moorea. Capt. Has promised fine weather.

What did that cost you? Taxis can be notoriously expensive on Moorea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$25 each way.

Other choices were Sofitel $139 per person or zhilton $ 80 per person plus taxi costs.

Since all we wanted to do was wallow in the water for 2 hours this was quite perfect. Shall go again tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to your full review. It's been great following this each day. Is this the Moorea and Papeete return day?

No full review but will write about items like food entertainment etc.

Another beautiful day. Our last on board. We leave tonight for LAx and home tomorrow. Trying not to think about the flight home. Will just suck it up!

Great to know we will be back in July!

Darn, it is always great reading those day-by-day play by play reviews (I am the type that likes to have every detail accounted for when it comes travel time. LOL)

Ah well, did you get the menus and daily activity papers?

We got both. If you give me an email I can send you the menus.

Miriam,

Rodolfo and I thank you for your updates and are happy to hear that the PG continues to offer such excellent service and experience. You are appreciated.

You are very welcome. It's such a joy to share our love for this wonderful ship with people like you both. Hope you enjoy your next PG experience.

On our last night we were talking to a family next to us at dinner who said we must be VIPs having done 12 cruises. They were in shock when Ricardo Head Bartender said No but he then added that we were not VIPs but Family! Motu Islander then said to me that we must be related as we are both Part of the PG family so I replied that we are indeed connected thru the mother ship. So with you also we are connected by the mothership!