Live from the PG b2b Jan 14 to Jan 28

Emdee

The Food

Huge, huge improvement from past cruises.

Love Chef Stefan Berndt's food. Wonderful flavours and perfectly cooked whether it be steak or scallops. The plating is also excellent.

Had a short chat with this almost shy, unassuming chef , who certainly has the touch, today. He introduces new dishes one at a time so his staff can perfect them. He has 20 years experience on cruise ships but enjoys the smaller more personal ships like the PG.

I will be getting a copy of menus of the 7 day cruise so give me your address if you want me to scan and send them when I return.

Slightly heavy croissant and breakfast pastries is my only negative comment about the food.

The Food

Huge, huge improvement from past cruises.

Love Chef Stefan Berndt's food. Wonderful flavours and perfectly cooked whether it be steak or scallops. The plating is also excellent.

Had a short chat with this almost shy, unassuming chef , who certainly has the touch, today. He introduces new dishes one at a time so his staff can perfect them. He has 20 years experience on cruise ships but enjoys the smaller more personal ships like the PG.

I will be getting a copy of menus of the 7 day cruise so give me your address if you want me to scan and send them when I return.

Slightly heavy croissant and breakfast pastries is my only negative comment about the food.

We will be on the sailing next week! See you there.

This tropical depression is making me depressed!

Rough night to Moorea and now that we are here no tenders as port is closed. Very windy and rainy.

Am glad we have unlimited internet as there is nothing else to do.

This tropical depression is making me depressed!

Rough night to Moorea and now that we are here no tenders as port is closed. Very windy and rainy.

Am glad we have unlimited internet as there is nothing else to do.

My last two January trips had weather issues. That's why never again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My last two January trips had weather issues. That's why never again!

I have been December, Jan and feb....no serious problems so just bad luck. Last week was very good. I heard next week will also be bad.

However, what better time to enjoy our friends on board! Now sitting in the Piano bar enjoying a white port and tonic!

I have been December, Jan and feb....no serious problems so just bad luck. Last week was very good. I heard next week will also be bad.

However, what better time to enjoy our friends on board! Now sitting in the Piano bar enjoying a white port and tonic!

Yeah 2/3 of my January trips saw cyclones!

The last time the airport was closed for two days after we were the last flight out. Although I can think of worse places to be stuck in!

In 18 trips to French Polynesia I've only had one trip where the weather was an issue and over half our trips have been November - January. Sure you expect a bit more humidity and a bit more heat but typically when it does rain it comes a goes very quickly, as I said, only one trip where weather was a major issue.

But .......... look at the storms hitting the west coast of california. 25 - 30 seas along the Central Coast tomorrow. My point is this is not a typical year, something is a bit different.

You have my email and would you kindly email me the 7 day menus?

Glad to hear about food quality. Can you tell us about the wine offered at meal times?

Unfortunately, the weather is not cooperating but at least you will have a relaxing good time on the ship. I love just lazing aboard reading a book.

Thanks.

Miriam, Sorry that the weather isn't better, but the ship, the staff, the food, the band, and the cocktails all sound wonderful. I also would love to have the menus emailed to me when you get home and settled.

I know that dry dock is coming up soon and it seems to be more of mechanical work that they will be doing. Do you know of any plans for changes in outside spaces or some interior "soft" updates?

Thank you for taking the time during your trip to allow us to vicariously enjoy your vacation.

See you in July. Linda :-)

You have my email and would you kindly email me the 7 day menus?

Glad to hear about food quality. Can you tell us about the wine offered at meal times?

Unfortunately, the weather is not cooperating but at least you will have a relaxing good time on the ship. I love just lazing aboard reading a book.

Thanks.

Just to be sure I haven't lost your email please send me an email in 10 days and I will definitely send you the menus.

Miriam, Sorry that the weather isn't better, but the ship, the staff, the food, the band, and the cocktails all sound wonderful. I also would love to have the menus emailed to me when you get home and settled.

I know that dry dock is coming up soon and it seems to be more of mechanical work that they will be doing. Do you know of any plans for changes in outside spaces or some interior "soft" updates?

Thank you for taking the time during your trip to allow us to vicariously enjoy your vacation.

See you in July. Linda :-)

Linda will send menus on my return.

We are still having a great time with this wonderful crew. The warmth and affection of the crew bring us back ...along with the beauty of FP.

The weather has been awful. Just walked around the dock in Moorea today but didn't want to visit the resorts as the water was churned up.

DD told me Temea Beach was flooded as was the Gokf course. Apparently Tahiti had flash floods and the Meridien and Manava were water logged. It took us an extra half hour to reach Papeete today.

Tomorrow internet permitting I will review the entertainment..

Just to be sure I haven't lost your email please send me an email in 10 days and I will definitely send you the menus.

I'll send you an email a couple of weeks after you get home.

Next week, the weather HAS to be better!

Linda :-)

Radar doesn't look promising for next week. We are in a weird weather pattern and now the southern pipeline (pineapple express) is split in half with half going toward Central America and then swinging toward Baja California and the other half heading right into French Polynesia. This is typical when La Nina rears it's head every half dozen years. Suppose to subside in the middle of February.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Miriam,

Here's my email address: car bet at rocket mail dot com .

The ship crew didn't step up for activities aboard? I would think that bad weather days are not so unusual that they did not have a bag of activity ideas to put into action.

Thanks,

Carol & Rodolfo

Edited by Cruisedreamer1
more details

Miriam,

The ship crew didn't step up for activities aboard? I would think that bad weather days are not so unusual that they did not have a bag of activity ideas to put into action.

Thanks,

Carol & Rodolfo

Hi Carol,

This DD (Chiara). I have been texting my mom during this week and this was one of the worst weeks they had in FP. Bora bora motu was barely open. They skipped one day of Moorea. There were huge swells, in fact the Tahiti ferry stopped operating due to the weather. The Tahiti flights were delayed and one of the crew had to join later than expected.

A number of the first time passengers asked her if it is always like this and she felt bad since this is rare that the rain/storms last all day long even during this season.

I know she kept busy looking at the skating results(if she wasn't in Tahiti we would both be in Ottawa watching the Canadian national figure skating championships) and chatting with old friends onboard. But she was looking forward to some sun, warmth and avoiding some of our cold snowy days. Hopefully predictions are wrong next week and both my parents can enjoy their motu days. The vision of Bora bora Motu gets us through the tough days at work.

I'll send you an email a couple of weeks after you get home.

Next week, the weather HAS to be better!

Linda :-)

Chiara(dd) here. Thank you for the positive thoughts for my dad and her.

Looking at the pictures she has texted me of their meals, they look really good and makes me excited too for July.

Turn around day was fine. We walked to the market bought some vanilla paste and enjoyed the pool bar.

Today Huahine and sunshine and blue sky. Looks lovely. We are to enjoy a private Motu picnic and really looking forward to this.

My FB friends will see the lovely pics of Huahine that I will post.

M

Miriam,

Thanks,

Carol & Rodolfo

Hi Carol, the ship did all they could. There is a new CD but that is another story.

The bar people told me huge amounts of liquor were consumed last week and I can understand why. I, who am a no drinks to one drink person had 3 drinks one day!

Looking out of the balcony. Great weather and calm seas. So sad our marina dinner could not take place this cruise. There is a chance we could have it in Moorea. Would have been a nice anniversary celebration.