Need some help...

icruz

will be arriving in Miami 8:30 AM by plane on 2/6/06 for the 2/6/06 departure on the Zenith...any suggestions as what to do prior to embarcation (what is the usual time embarcation begins ?)...the ship leaves from Miami and I understand there is no Elite status waiting room at this port....thanks for your help

Not sure of your transfer plans but depending on how things progress with the airlines you may not have as much time to wait as you think. I generally find luggage can take about 1/2 hour from arrival. Depending on arrival time and disembarkation boarding can start as early as 11 - 11:30. Generally your rooms would not be ready but you will be invited to tour the ship and have a drink or lunch.

When I have taken Celebrity Transfers (I am not sure I would recommend this) you will burn anywhere from 1 hour to 1 1/2 just being organized, herded to the bus, waiting for the bus to be filled and luggage loaded.

Alternatively you could hang out at the airport and have a nice leisurely breakfast and take a Cab to the ship. If you don't mind spending some money you could also hire a town car with a tour of South Beach or other areas.

Jim

Bayside Place is a neat shopping/eating area on the water about 1 mile from the Port of Miami. You could use this as a reststop if you find you are headed to the Port too early. Great marina if you just want to walk around and check out big yachts. Shopping for last minute items...

Archived