Another Cheers question

CruiseLovah82

Great. Thank you for your response!

While I have never done cheers, whenever I order drinks they have you sign a receipt, but no longer give them out (customer copy). Suppose it could be different for cheers but not sure why......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

you are so wrong, how can they serve a drink without your signature? Every drink will have a receipt, I have never kept one, I just leave in the check presenter. Your folio will show $00 on the price line and lists what bar you drank at, not the kind of drink

you are so wrong, how can they serve a drink without your signature? Every drink will have a receipt, I have never kept one, I just leave in the check presenter. Your folio will show $00 on the price line and lists what bar you drank at, not the kind of drink

Really? So wrong? Every drink? Try again. Up until about a year and a half ago, when getting a drink with BB, I never saw a receipt so certainly never had to sign one. But they changed that :mad: Now if you are PAYING for the drink, then yes you will need to sign. However, my last cruise I asked one of the Bartenders if he was going to make me sign those stupid receipts after giving him $5 and he said, absolutely not :D. Needless to say I visited him a lot during the week.

I believe they were saying they didn't get an additional copy of their receipt. Nowhere did I see anything about not signing one. Posters can correct me if I'm wrong.

Really? So wrong? Every drink? Try again. Up until about a year and a half ago, when getting a drink with BB, I never saw a receipt so certainly never had to sign one. But they changed that :mad: Now if you are PAYING for the drink, then yes you will need to sign. However, my last cruise I asked one of the Bartenders if he was going to make me sign those stupid receipts after giving him $5 and he said, absolutely not :D. Needless to say I visited him a lot during the week.

I believe they were saying they didn't get an additional copy of their receipt. Nowhere did I see anything about not signing one. Posters can correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right, unless you have a deal with your bartender, you have to sign the bill but they don't give you a copy of it any more unless you specifically ask for it.

I know on our last 2 cruises we never got a receipt and did not always sign. We used the same server all the time and I think he did not count all of our drinks. I know sometimes we had more than the 15 drinks.

.... after giving him $5 and he said, absolutely not :D. Needless to say I visited him a lot during the week. ....

I was under the impression that a 15% tip was automatically added to your bill when you have Cheers? (over and above the cost of Cheers) Is it expected that you will give the bartender a tip for each drink? If so, how much?

I was under the impression that a 15% tip was automatically added to your bill when you have Cheers? (over and above the cost of Cheers) Is it expected that you will give the bartender a tip for each drink? If so, how much?

Yes, the tip is included in the Cheers package, but it's completely up to you how much and/or whether or not to tip extra. It is not necessarily expected but it IS appreciated, and I know I am remembered when I add fifty cents to a dollar to the tip. And the bartenders allowed me to purchase drinks for entertainers within my 15 a day (I would never be able to consume 15 alcoholic drinks in a day) instead of charging me separately for them.....

It is included, but if you take care of your bartender, they will take care of you [emoji6]. Never have to wait for a drink even when the bar is full! Actually, when they see me coming they know what I want and just about have it ready by the time I sit down [emoji4].

I bring cash for tips. I scope out where I'll be spending most of my time, chat up the bartender and if they're nice, give them a $5 or $10 and let them know they will be seeing a lot of me during the week. Then give them $1 or 2 here and there. If I'm not by myself, then we double it. It's not a lot, but it helps. If they are really good I tip more often as well as the last night before I leave.

Edited by firemanbobswife

It is included, but if you take care of your bartender, they will take care of you [emoji6]. Never have to wait for a drink even when the bar is full! Actually, when they see me coming they know what I want and just about have it ready by the time I sit down [emoji4].

I bring cash for tips. I scope out where I'll be spending most of my time, chat up the bartender and if they're nice, give them a $5 or $10 and let them know they will be seeing a lot of me during the week. Then give them $1 or 2 here and there. If I'm not by myself, then we double it. It's not a lot, but it helps. If they are really good I tip more often as well as the last night before I leave.

We also tip well the first day and have found that it gets 1st class service and a heavy pour the rest of the cruise. I am however, shocked that a bartender knew you.......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 11 months later...

On our 2016 Freedom cruise with Cheers we had to sign for each drink but I don't recall seeing each line item on my S&S account unless I added an additional tip, which I usually tip in cash if at all on Cheers. (a whole other thread). In fact our favorite bar tender had memorized our folio numbers and if they were busy would just make our drinks and then bring the receipts by later for us to sign. Our S&S account would have been like 10 pages long if each drink was a line item. I think I would have remembered that.