serenade of the seas 2/24 questions

aims2084

hello all,

a few questions regarding our upcoming cruise

1. are we able to bring onboard wine or champagne without it getting taken away-if so should we carry it on

2. we are leaving from ft. Lauderdale. is there a way to get from the airport to the boat through the cruiseline if we didn't set up the airfare through the cruiseline?

3. are you able to bring a case of water online? I think I read that you are not able to but I guess I'm wondering if anyone did this and got away with it.

4. Any input on excursions in the southern Caribbean?

thanks so much!

hello all,

a few questions regarding our upcoming cruise

1. are we able to bring onboard wine or champagne without it getting taken away-if so should we carry it on

2. we are leaving from ft. Lauderdale. is there a way to get from the airport to the boat through the cruiseline if we didn't set up the airfare through the cruiseline?

3. are you able to bring a case of water online? I think I read that you are not able to but I guess I'm wondering if anyone did this and got away with it.

4. Any input on excursions in the southern Caribbean?

thanks so much!

1. Yes...two 750 liters of wine per stateroom. DO put them in your carry on bag.

2. Yes, can check for transfers..but the airport is so close...why not take a taxi?

3. Policy is no water to be brought on board, but that rule is often ignored. I put

several bottles in a light tote bag, put a luggage tag on it, and it arrives at our cabin.

4. There is a wealth of information on excursions in various travel sites online, it

depends on your taste and activity level for you to choose. You can also find many

of them you can book directly with RCI.

BTW: We are on the sailing just before you are. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Edited by island lady

thanks so much! enjoy your cruise (hard not to, right?) =)

You are most welcome! :)

We did the same 10 night Serenade cruise last year that you are going on.

Loved it of course!

And agree...what's not to like? :D

Edited by island lady

Here is what I have scheduled to do on our cruise for excursions

In Barbados I booked Sanjay Kini with Barbados fun service for a tour. His email is barbadosfun@gmail.com

In Grenada I am doing a tour with Mandoo Seales with http://www.grenadatours.com

In Aruba I am going on a Trikes tour with http://www.trikes-tour.com

In Bonaire a tour with Bonaire Vista Tours at http://www.BonaireVistaTours.com

In St. Lucia we are doing a tour with James Tour http://www.tourstlucia68@yahoo.com or jamestouringservices.com

Antigua we are taking an island tour with antiguaviptours.com

I did my research on cruisecritic.com and on tripadvisor for each island for ideals of what we can do and then hit these companies websites for further research.

Here is what I have scheduled to do on our cruise for excursions

In Barbados I booked Sanjay Kini with Barbados fun service for a tour. His email is barbadosfun@gmail.com

In Grenada I am doing a tour with Mandoo Seales with http://www.grenadatours.com

In Aruba I am going on a Trikes tour with http://www.trikes-tour.com

In Bonaire a tour with Bonaire Vista Tours at http://www.BonaireVistaTours.com

In St. Lucia we are doing a tour with James Tour http://www.tourstlucia68@yahoo.com or jamestouringservices.com

Antigua we are taking an island tour with antiguaviptours.com

I did my research on cruisecritic.com and on tripadvisor for each island for ideals of what we can do and then hit these companies websites for further research.

Hi sweetie. Great advice...but with the exception of Antiqua, the OP is on a totally different itinerary. ;)

"Sea" you on board real soon! :)

Edited by island lady

hello all,

Any input on excursions in the southern Caribbean?

thanks so much!

I believe that you are going to Dominca. If so, google Bumpling Tours. We did Roseau Valley Treasures. It was one of the best tours I've ever taken. Levi Bumpling was our driver and guide and I can not speak highly enough of him. We snorkeled at Champaign Reef for an hour or so. It was simply spectacular. Levi led us around, showed us the reefs, took our underwater cameras down to the deep reefs for pictures, etc. Then the "float" through Titou Gorge was again a fantastic experience. It's cold, but worth it.

Don't know if you are interested in this excursion, but he offers others. Definitely check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has been on the Serenade of the Seas, can you tell us about the smoking area near the pool? Do they have smoking on one side of the ship? Do they have tables and chairs along one side like other ships do?

I know this is a sore subject to many, so I apologize if I have offended anyone. We are just curious to know the set up on the Serenade.

Thank you,

Joe & Karen

If anyone has been on the Serenade of the Seas, can you tell us about the smoking area near the pool? Do they have smoking on one side of the ship? Do they have tables and chairs along one side like other ships do?

I know this is a sore subject to many, so I apologize if I have offended anyone. We are just curious to know the set up on the Serenade.

Thank you,

Joe & Karen

Very few smokers on our cruise, I did see a place aft of the pool with tables.

Thank you,

Joe & Karen

Yes just like other ships. Just left serenade today

Thank you,

Joe & Karen

I believe it's the starboard side . . . There were 2 tables with 4 chairs each and then going toward the aft there were about 12 chairs that faced the water. These were the slatted curved chairs.

One more question.

Does Royal Caribbean offer the Valet Luggage option for the day of disembarkation? Where you check your luggage the last night and then do not see it until you arrive at your home airport?

Some cruise line's do and some do not.

Thanks

Joe

Just wondering what you thought of the ship and food...we're going on the 2/13 cruise???

Carol

We were on the 11 night Thanksgiving cruise 11/21. We found the food good.

Try the Galley tour and Champagne Brunch. Great tour of the Galley and food was great, not to mention the champagne was endless.

Just wondering what you thought of the ship and food...we're going on the 2/13 cruise???

Carol

We were on Serenade in the first part of January and found the food and service rather better than our experience the previous January on Vision. We were very pleased. Serenade is a lovely ship with some nice public spaces. The Safari Club on deck 6 is a nice area not everyone discovers. To get there, head through the Schooner Bar. There are self-leveling pool tables!

One more question.

Does Royal Caribbean offer the Valet Luggage option for the day of disembarkation? Where you check your luggage the last night and then do not see it until you arrive at your home airport?

Some cruise line's do and some do not.

Thanks

Joe

Yes, but not all airlines participate. 16299030_10211511832169040_8316792175006652190_n.jpg?oh=f357899665f304cd7a5ecdf1de880ca8&oe=59142BF4