A nod to Princess Customer Service

Kevin's girl

I have read differing thoughts related to Princess Customer service here on CC. I wanted to share my experience from yesterday.

I had booked my air through EZair, and had been able to book the same flight I would have booked online and the same flight we have flown from London in the past. I happened to sign into the Virgin Atlantic site yesterday to find a big warning stopping me from seeing my booking. It said there had been a change and that my Non Stop flight was now stopping in New York where I needed to change planes and airline (new partner). I was less than happy. I looked to find my original flight and found that they had converted it to this one stop. I signed into my Cruise Personalizer to change flights and was not able to access my flight arrangements. They gave me a number to call. I thought Oh boy, here we go. I have to admit I have spoken to many cruise customer service people, but have never had service like I have from Princess. They have been amazing. The gentleman (I wish I could remember his name) had to put me on hold a couple of times but he never transferred me, never told me I needed to call some other number, never made me feel like this was my problem. He and EZair found me another flight with another airline and it was no problem. I asked if it was a problem that I was booked with Virgin Atlantic for Chicago to London but British Airlines return, and we both noticed that our outgoing Chicago flight had been dropped all together. We had no flight at all to London and neither Princess nor I had been notified or credited for the dropped flight. He started apologizing and I was just flabbergasted and in a bit of a panic. This guy went into action and I was back on hold with more unnecessary apologizing. He came back once to let me know that he and EZair were trying to figure out what had happened and I was on Virgin Atlantic trying to find our flight, it just did not exist. I then went to British airways website and found a nonstop that was nearly identical to our Virgin flight. He came back and we compared flight ideas and he re-booked us on the two flights. Problem solved, less than 10 minutes on the phone working on the issue instead of my RCCI experience of 45 minutes on hold waiting to tell someone I have a problem and then another 30 minutes being transferred around to fix said problem (no I'm not exaggerating). Thank you Princess, very impressive.

I'm glad it all worked out, kudos to Princess! Virgin will be suspending their services to Chicago on May 1, 2017

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2016/12/10/virgin-atlantic-replaces-chicago-los-angeles/

Thank you anthonyy7. That explains my whole situation. It would have been nice to have heard it from Virgin along with all of recent my Flyer's club information they have sent me lately.

Edited by Kevin's girl