Choice Air - NEVER AGAIN!!

Cruise Raider

I had a similar problem with a booking I made with ChoiceAir. The first time I called ChoiceAir and it took them a day to get fixed. My flights were changed again - This time I called United directly and they were able to fix within minutes. They told me that it was caused by a schedule change and equipment change.

BTW if your flight is changed by the airlines (each airline has differ rules about the amount of time) you have the options of a full refund and/or a flight change without charge.

Did your daughter and husband pre select their seats or did they wait to get them when they checked in at airport?

They were booked by the Federal Gov. and were not given a choice. As soon as they found out the seating they called and tried to change and were told no by United

As others have pointed out you have two different issues going on. First is Choice Air the second is United or the carrier you are on...Choice AIr is just a travel agent. They booked and then when the airline makes changes they just say ok and don't really care. I am a long time CO/UA flyer and I have been in their Elite/Premier program for something like 28 years and have logged around 800,000 miles with them. I have also booked flights with Choice Air on other airlines to save money at times. Both ways there have been problems but if you are going to use Choice Air or any other agent, be sure to get the confirmation number for your booking and then go to the airline web site and check it and track it. Schedules do change, aircraft change, seating layouts change. It is up to us, the travel/consumer to be pro-active and keep checking on our reservations at least weekly and then if there is a problem, call right away. Talk nicely but be firm. Over the years I have been canceled, delayed, stranded, had seats vanish, luggage lost and damaged but the bottom line is it is up to me to stay on top of things and you get a lot farther by being educated and nice rather than just yelling. Yes, there are times I want to yell, times I want to cut up my MileagePlus card and send it back to Chicago but hey, I want to go places and living where I live, I usually get the best deals and schedules from UA. There is just not a lot of competition out there anymore. There are days I wish I could go back 50 years and change the slant of my senior thesis to why the airlines should not be de-regulated...because in this de-regulated world it really sucks for the consumer.

They were booked by the Federal Gov. and were not given a choice. As soon as they found out the seating they called and tried to change and were told no by United

That I can relate to. I have travelled many times on flights arranged by federal govt. and a great percentage have been problematic. Then add in the frequent issues with the airlines themselves it is a no win for the traveller

As others have pointed out you have two different issues going on. First is Choice Air the second is United or the carrier you are on...Choice AIr is just a travel agent. They booked and then when the airline makes changes they just say ok and don't really care. I am a long time CO/UA flyer and I have been in their Elite/Premier program for something like 28 years and have logged around 800,000 miles with them. I have also booked flights with Choice Air on other airlines to save money at times. Both ways there have been problems but if you are going to use Choice Air or any other agent, be sure to get the confirmation number for your booking and then go to the airline web site and check it and track it. Schedules do change, aircraft change, seating layouts change. It is up to us, the travel/consumer to be pro-active and keep checking on our reservations at least weekly and then if there is a problem, call right away. Talk nicely but be firm. Over the years I have been canceled, delayed, stranded, had seats vanish, luggage lost and damaged but the bottom line is it is up to me to stay on top of things and you get a lot farther by being educated and nice rather than just yelling. Yes, there are times I want to yell, times I want to cut up my MileagePlus card and send it back to Chicago but hey, I want to go places and living where I live, I usually get the best deals and schedules from UA. There is just not a lot of competition out there anymore. There are days I wish I could go back 50 years and change the slant of my senior thesis to why the airlines should not be de-regulated...because in this de-regulated world it really sucks for the consumer.

Excellant post ! :)

Blame the Feds then, whoever booked the tickets bought the lowest fare which does not entitle you to pre-select seats,unless you have status, it is stated quite clearly in UA's policies, same thing with AA or DL.