Feeling very annoyed

BusyBlond

Grrr, I'm feeling super annoyed right now. Just found out I'll be transferring back to Texas at the end of summer, so I figured I better try to squeeze in all the cruised I can while I'm still in Florida. Go hunting on NCL.com and find a 3 day Epic cruise for $249 plus port & taxes. Super!! It only goes to NCL's private island. That sounded perfect. So I click on book it now. Click on "inside cabin $249". and low and behold $399 + port and taxes. WTH happened to my $249 cruise? Of course they are like sorry, you're S.O.L. Totally bummed.

all cruise lines are ads are misleading like this. that $249 cruise might of been on a unpopular week or that week is not selling that good.

for one of the cruises i have booked, NCL still advertise $799 per person inside cabins, but when you look at all of the sailing dates, it is actually:

week 1 - $799

week 2 - $849

week 3 - $899

week 4,5,6 - $899

week 7,8,9, - $949 and so on

The initial price you saw was the lowest price available for that cruise across all sailing dates. Most dates will be higher. The insides STARTS AT $249 in your case, it does not mean that ALL insides for ALL sailings are $249. Nothing misleading about it at all. When you get to the list of sailing dates for any given cruise you can sort by price by clicking on the cabin type header.

Grrr, I'm feeling super annoyed right now. Just found out I'll be transferring back to Texas at the end of summer, so I figured I better try to squeeze in all the cruised I can while I'm still in Florida. Go hunting on NCL.com and find a 3 day Epic cruise for $249 plus port & taxes. Super!! It only goes to NCL's private island. That sounded perfect. So I click on book it now. Click on "inside cabin $249". and low and behold $399 + port and taxes. WTH happened to my $249 cruise? Of course they are like sorry, you're S.O.L. Totally bummed.

First of all, they have a couple ports in Texas and it always seems they have a lot of cruise deals.

Second...On the Epic, The lower category got sold out and the web site has not updated yet. Worry not, though, I am sure the price will go back down as it gets closer. Besides, a 3 day cruise on the Epic for $249 is way too high.

Edited by Lido_Deck

The initial price you saw was the lowest price available for that cruise across all sailing dates. Most dates will be higher. The insides STARTS AT $249 in your case, it does not mean that ALL insides for ALL sailings are $249. Nothing misleading about it at all. When you get to the list of sailing dates for any given cruise you can sort by price by clicking on the cabin type header.

That was the only sail date for that itinerary. I knew it was lowest catagory inside on only one week, that's why I used the "take me to this cruise" button, but it still went up after you picked the specific cruise that advertised $249. I called NCL and got the ole " oh, the $249 cabins sold out...[emoji35]

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

All of those ads say "FROM" in the pricing. It all depends on the date. Your $249 cruise is there. It sails on March 8, 2017. That is the only week that price is offered, but it is offered.

All of those ads say "FROM" in the pricing. It all depends on the date. Your $249 cruise is there. It sails on March 8, 2017. That is the only week that price is offered, but it is offered.

Take the time to read the OP before posting. The $249 still shows up for March 8. The price jumps when you attempt to book it.

Assume $249 cabins are sold out, NCL has no business promoting them.

Right, just a simple case of "bait & switch".

What did you expect from NCL? :eek::eek::eek:

My point exactly. March 8th is the date I was trying to book. But there were NO cabins for that price. You click on the $249 inside cabin button and the ONLY price for an inside cabin is $399.

My point exactly. March 8th is the date I was trying to book. But there were NO cabins for that price. You click on the $249 inside cabin button and the ONLY price for an inside cabin is $399.

Are you cruising solo? Or will there be 2 in your cabin?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think this a perfect example of how you should not wait to book when you see a desired price. Prices fluctuate. So grab the deal when you see it.

This happens all the time - once I found a cruise we wanted on line - called in to our cruise consultant and by the time she got it pulled up on her screen the price had jumped $50pp - refreshed my screen and it had gone up... just the luck of the draw.

Besides, a 3 day cruise on the Epic for $249 is way too high.

First off, I'm sorry that the OP feels cheated, but that is simply supply and demand. Here's something that always confounds though... Where else can you get a room and three meals a day for under $100/person? If that price is considered a luxury to you, then maybe you should rethink where you allocate your money.

I still think crusing is one if the best vacation values out there.

Sorry to go off topic but I'm not the first one to do so :D

First off, I'm sorry that the OP feels cheated, but that is simply supply and demand. Here's something that always confounds though... Where else can you get a room and three meals a day for under $100/person? If that price is considered a luxury to you, then maybe you should rethink where you allocate your money.

I still think crusing is one if the best vacation values out there.

Sorry to go off topic but I'm not the first one to do so :D

I totally agree that cruising is a great value, that's why I currently have 3 cruises booked. 😁 I was annoyed that the didn't honor the price that at that time they were still promoting on their website. I feel like it's a ploy to get you to click onto the booking and not notice or not care that the price is not what was advertised. I get prices go up based on demand and I'm not even saying that I think $399 is too much ( although I do think it's too much) it just wasn't what the advertised for a lowest catagory inside on the March 8th sailing. No worries, I'll find something to my liking I'm sure.

I have had the opposite happen, too. I was looking at Alaskan cruises on another line a couple of months ago on one of those online TA sites, and was considering the balcony cabins at the promoted price of $1,499. I kept scrolling down, down, down the page and found balcony cabins at $1,049. Thinking it was a mistake, I went through a "mock" booking that ended up a real one. Then two days later our friends booked the same category at the same $1,049 price after I guided them to that place on the page.

I am outraged at this false advertising, and I'm going to call them and insist they take another $450 from me immediately! ;)