I know everyone here knows this - but it pays to keep checking for better cabins !!

dgparent

We booked a Suite GTY about 2 weeks ago and were assigned a S1 - 2112 I think which is pretty close to being below the pool, I like my afternoon naps so we switched to what at that time was the best available 2156 a further back, I was a little worried about the noise + the balcony is pretty covered I think.

This morning I was in my reservation, USA site, and noticed a S2 Aft had opened up so I was going to call and ask to switch to that cabin. Then I remembered someone mentioned on here, thanks CC peeps, that the UK site shows all available cabins not just what they want to get rid of :). So I go on there and checked out all S1's and low and behold one Aft one 9376 had opened up and it only has another S1 above it, to me that is a score.

Anyway the moral of the story is don't eat yellow snow err no sorry wrong story, it is keep checking the UK site to see if any better cabins in your class have opened up if you are not 100% happy with what you have.

I always check cabins and this last time I moved several time to get an s1 corner aft, as they were not available when I booked. Celebrity never seems to show all the cabins that are available. It is part of the game!

There are European sites which show all available cabins. Google cruises then 'sea' and you may find it. X knows we look elsewhere for cabin choice; wish they just opened this up in their deck plans to allow us to one stop shop. Going elsewhere to find availability just directs the consumer to another choice to purchase. We still book with X and always will, but we're happy we can at least know what our cabin choices are when we book.

There are European sites which show all available cabins. Google cruises then 'sea' and you may find it. X knows we look elsewhere for cabin choice; wish they just opened this up in their deck plans to allow us to one stop shop. Going elsewhere to find availability just directs the consumer to another choice to purchase. We still book with X and always will, but we're happy we can at least know what our cabin choices are when we book.

Yes; that is one of the sights I use, along with others that show the same!!! but my S1 corner aft wasn't available on any of them for a while...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Boarding Silhouette tomorrow, and after 3 cabin changes, i have the deepest balcony, the deck I want, and friends close by. All I did was monitor it. I DID pay a $20 per person fee to upgrade, a no-brainer!!