$3.84 for a can of Coca Cola is a bit much

jt58203

I had a great time on Enchantment, but $3.84 for a CAN of Coca-Cola---OUCH!!!! I'm not a fan of fountain pop so didn't want to buy the $8/day package. The the mini bar card in my cabin said that a six pack would cost $12 +15% gratuity, which is pretty decent for a cruise ship; however, my oceanview cabin did not have a fridge. Yes, I could have had the room steward bring me ice. I didn't do enough research on the cruise to find out if I could have brought a 12 pack onboard. I'm gold C&A member so I would have been able to take advantage of a 2 for 1 coke once. Other cruise lines charge much less for cans of pop. A few months ago Princess sold cans for $2.25 +gratuity. Sorry for the vent, but thought to inform others of the price.

We are all paying for all those new ships.

my son and I are cruising on Navigator this summer. I REFUSE to spend over $200 CDN dollars for soda. I then looked at the other non alcohol package...over $500 CDN. unreal.

I will drink whatever is free, and will be trying to get a case of pop on. No biggie if it doesnt work.

Personally not a soda drinker, but check your prices. Pretty sure soda package (fountain only) is $8.50 per person per day, if soda is important you; not sure where you are getting the over $200 from.

I had a great time on Enchantment, but $3.84 for a CAN of Coca-Cola---OUCH!!!! I'm not a fan of fountain pop so didn't want to buy the $8/day package. The the mini bar card in my cabin said that a six pack would cost $12 +15% gratuity, which is pretty decent for a cruise ship; however, my oceanview cabin did not have a fridge. Yes, I could have had the room steward bring me ice. I didn't do enough research on the cruise to find out if I could have brought a 12 pack onboard. I'm gold C&A member so I would have been able to take advantage of a 2 for 1 coke once. Other cruise lines charge much less for cans of pop. A few months ago Princess sold cans for $2.25 +gratuity. Sorry for the vent, but thought to inform others of the price.

$3.75 to $3.95 is the rate for soft drinks in many chain restaurants in Canada - too much I agree but you have to pay or not buy one -choice to make. Can't expect supermarket prices anywhere - even venting machines, sports events or wherever.

And this is why I'll be bringing Coke Zero on my August cruise. Liberty does not have the coke machines yet and I find the bar hose soda to be disgusting ( I drink a lot of soda) I have my coke zero like others have coffee ( or beer;))

Prohibited but not often enforced.

That is a lot, but not really...for vacation prices. Go to a movie theater, hotel, or ski resort vending machine and you'll pay at least $3. The stock show is in Denver right now and a soda at the rodeo costs $4.50.

It's a lot to pay for soda if you're someone who drinks it in place of water all day, but not so surprising if you just buy one or two throughout the week. I agree though that people should just quit buying them, and maybe they'll go the McDonald's route and start charging $1. Glad I'm not a soda drinker I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Wow, that's cheap.

I got ripped $20 for two fountain cokes at the HRC in St Maartens:eek:

Close to the going price in Europe. Barcelona, a few years ago when the euro was about 1.75 to the dollar, it was 3.5 eros for a 33 liter bottle.

Now days with the Euro almost even it would be around $3.5.

a 33 liter bottle (1116 fl ozs), that I would like to see!

Skipping soda altogether may save money, and probably be better for the health.

I know most people don't want to be reminded of this about this, but here are the facts about drinking soda. I would drop the "probably be" from the above.

How Soda Affects Your Body

Did you know that just one can of Coke contains 10 teaspoons of sugar?!

This is 100 percent of your recommended daily intake (which is more than double my recommended daily allowance to begin with). Within 20 minutes of drinking that soda, your blood sugar spikes, and your liver responds to the resulting insulin burst by turning massive amounts of sugar into fat.

Within 40 minutes, your blood pressure rises due to your body having absorbed all the caffeine, and then your liver dumps even more sugar into your bloodstream.

After about one hour, you’ll start to have a sugar crash, which oftentimes leads you into a vicious cycle of consuming more sugar - and caffeine-laden stimulants, followed by crashes, throughout your day.

It is a proven fact that sugar increases your insulin levels, which can lead to not only weight gain, but also high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, premature aging and many more negative side effects.

In fact, sugar is so bad for your health in so many ways, I’ve created an entire list outlining the ways sugar can damage your health. :eek:

$3.75 to $3.95 is the rate for soft drinks in many chain restaurants in Canada - too much I agree but you have to pay or not buy one -choice to make. Can't expect supermarket prices anywhere - even venting machines, sports events or wherever.

Still, far less than the $5.30 or so CAD that you'd pay on the Enchantment. :eek:

I know most people don't want to be reminded of this about this, but here are the facts about drinking soda. I would drop the "probably be" from the above.

How Soda Affects Your Body

Did you know that just one can of Coke contains 10 teaspoons of sugar?!

This is 100 percent of your recommended daily intake (which is more than double my recommended daily allowance to begin with). Within 20 minutes of drinking that soda, your blood sugar spikes, and your liver responds to the resulting insulin burst by turning massive amounts of sugar into fat.

Within 40 minutes, your blood pressure rises due to your body having absorbed all the caffeine, and then your liver dumps even more sugar into your bloodstream.

After about one hour, you’ll start to have a sugar crash, which oftentimes leads you into a vicious cycle of consuming more sugar - and caffeine-laden stimulants, followed by crashes, throughout your day.

It is a proven fact that sugar increases your insulin levels, which can lead to not only weight gain, but also high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, premature aging and many more negative side effects.

In fact, sugar is so bad for your health in so many ways, I’ve created an entire list outlining the ways sugar can damage your health. :eek:

Not the best thing for you for sure, just like anything with lots of sugar and sodium. But like anything else, soda in moderation is not going to affect your health much either way. We're all adults here.