Official Documents

Nichayy21

Does my driver license need to match the address I've saved on my NCL account? I moved and have not updated my drivers license. Should I stick with my old address?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never seen a driver's license used as ID on a ship. I generally see passports being used. The NAME needs to match.

I've never seen a driver's license used as ID on a ship. I generally see passports being used. The NAME needs to match.

This is totally incorrect

DL is used all the time with certified BC as ID to embark on a ship that is a closed loop cruise where there is no requirement for a pp

Of course a pp is used also just as frequently

Op....address won't matter on your DL. People move all the time

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is totally incorrect

DL is used all the time with certified BC as ID to embark on a ship that is a closed loop cruise where there is no requirement for a pp

Of course a pp is used also just as frequently

Op....address won't matter on your DL. People move all the time

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I appreciate the education, but my post is not TOTALLY incorrect. I have, in fact, never seen anyone use a DL on any of our cruises. So, technically, I am correct!

Why everyone doesn't have a passport anyway, I don't know. I would hate to drag my birth certificate around with me.

Does my driver license need to match the address I've saved on my NCL account? I moved and have not updated my drivers license. Should I stick with my old address?

No it doesn't. The name, and birth date need to match the name on your birth certificate, and you need to match the photo on the DL. If you are asking about traveling with a passport and using your DL as ID in the ports, no one ever asks about your address. BTW passports don't have addresses in them.

Edited by zqvol

I appreciate the education, but my post is not TOTALLY incorrect. I have, in fact, never seen anyone use a DL on any of our cruises. So, technically, I am correct!

Why everyone doesn't have a passport anyway, I don't know. I would hate to drag my birth certificate around with me.

No technically you have never seen it done so you do not have the correct information regarding the use of DL so your answer was incorrect

State facts if you know facts. If you don't know the correct answer to a question, please be courteous to the OP and not give them a guess based on your limited experience.

We see DLs used at most ports as ID to get back on the ship. You probably have used your DL to get back on a ship.

Edited by BirdTravels