Pacific Princess and Ruby Princess still in San Pedro (?)

f-mattox

It's almost 8:00 p.m. and Pacific Princess and Ruby Princess are still at the pier in San Pedro; they were supposed to leave at 4:00 p.m. Anybody heard anything?

Yesterday the storms hitting the west coast caused excessive high winds and the seas were very rough. Today although the rain cleared, the wind has been high. Wonder if the high winds and very rough sea conditions is causing the delay.

I'm on the coast and the seas have been rough all day.

High wind warning also in effect later tomorrow.

Edited by vmom

It's because of the storms.

Don't know about the Ruby but Pacific Princess

staying in port till Sun. morning. Then sailing out.

Be to rough if sailed now. It's doing the world cruise.

(read this on a post from someone on the ship)

Don't know about Ruby but sure staying because of storm.

Don't know how long. Don't know where their sailing to.

We are expecting the biggest storm of the season tomorrow. According to the news it looks like the storm is coming from the west across the pacific. So seas might be too rough to leave port just yet.

Live here about 20 min. From port, no rain right now wind had let up but expecting another storm moving in maybe late tonight or tomorrow, so the storm could be out at Sea now, might explain the ship's in port, at least one of the beach towns had some flooding due to the weather. My son lives near there he told me the berms (barriers) at Seal Beach had some issues. Can't complain, we really needed the rain, had a long drought here.

Cori

We had 3 ships in port this afternoon in San Diego, unscheduled. Have no idea which ones, but they're obviously all looking for safety. Tomorrow is supposed to be the worst storm so far, so they may not get out until Monday.

We had 3 ships in port this afternoon in San Diego, unscheduled. Have no idea which ones, but they're obviously all looking for safety. Tomorrow is supposed to be the worst storm so far, so they may not get out until Monday.

We saw them today,

Insignia was scheduled to be here, she is on a world cruise that started in Miami

Seven Seas Navigator was scheduled to be here to start a 112 day world cruise.

Star Princess was to be in Santa Barbara and was probably switched to SD since she could dock and SB is a tender stop.

Marine Traffic's website shows they all departed tonight.

Edited by JLC@SD

The Ruby and the Pacific have sailed.
They might have had/are still having rough seas for a while until they get far enough away from the coast. Looks like the Star left San Diego last night around 9:00. She approached the Ensenada harbor about 7:00 this morning but then turned away and circled around Islas de Todos Santos and appears to be making another approach now. She is due back in San Pedro for a Hawaiian cruise starting tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Ruby Princess for a 4 day cruise. We went to SB and Ensenada

the first two days and then stayed in Port in LA the last day of the cruise because of

the high winds. Ensenada is a very difficult harbor to get out of in high winds.

We had a good time in LA. We had immigration check on the ship on Friday. So Sat.

we just collected our luggage and headed home.

Greg

We were on the Ruby Princess for a 4 day cruise. We went to SB and Ensenada

the first two days and then stayed in Port in LA the last day of the cruise because of

the high winds. Ensenada is a very difficult harbor to get out of in high winds.

We had a good time in LA. We had immigration check on the ship on Friday. So Sat.

we just collected our luggage and headed home.

Greg

After a second attempt today the Star gave up on Ensenada.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gonna be a nasty sail back to LA. I was just out and there's driving rain, roads are rivers, etc.

I live in the next town to you and our side yard is full of water up to the fence. My phone buzzed a flood warning and there is a high wind warning. Nice to be home and not sailing north from Endenada.

I live in the next town to you and our side yard is full of water up to the fence. My phone buzzed a flood warning and there is a high wind warning. Nice to be home and not sailing north from Endenada.
Yup. A friend was at the movies when that alert went off and said the entire theater was buzzing. Freaked out a few people. I'm probably closer than you think as I'm in the SW corner of LN and AV above the HS. :)

A friend of mine was going to be cruising on the Star on Monday, Jan. 23rd.

I hope they left on time.

We had some hail in Glendale, ca. for a few hours. I was surprised.

I kept a watch on the rain, mud slides, storm located in Canyon Country Santa Clarita because I am hoping to move there this summer. I want to avoid the

low level houses to move to but I am aware that I would have to stay home

to avoid the streets filled with rain, mud, and rivers of water on the streets.

I heard that Sand Canyon had a lot of mud slides. Placerita also had problems too. I plan to avoid that area to move to.

I am a Land Lover along with Ocean Lover. I am a Surf & Turf personality.

I cruise a lot but I also enjoy coming home. LucyR.

Since I live in the west coast pacific ocean area I was wondering if our ships were having problems on the pacific.

I enjoyed reading all of your reports. It looks like Cruise Critic is the only place to come to for news on the ships on our west coast.

I couldn't find ship news any where. I also wondered about the ships located in Florida too.

Does any one have news on what happened in Florida with the ships? Were they stuck in ports?