Equinox hump cabin noise from Grand Foyer

tonto524

Now looking at booking a cabin on the hump on deck 7 or 8. We have had terrible noise from the Centrum on RCCL ships and wonder if we will be ok on the Equinox. Is an angled balcony just forward of the hump quieter than just aft or no difference? Thanks !

Linda

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are glass doors dividing the hallways and elevator/centrum areas. We have been on the hump three times and never experienced any noise, it's a non issue. You get the larger balcony without the long walk aft.

Steve

Edited by WNcruiser

Now looking at booking a cabin on the hump on deck 7 or 8. We have had terrible noise from the Centrum on RCCL ships and wonder if we will be ok on the Equinox. Is an angled balcony just forward of the hump quieter than just aft or no difference? Thanks !

Linda

We have been on 8 & 11 on the Equinox, and are booked on 7 in Nov. Deck 9 on the Reflection, all on the hump. Perfect location with no traffic noise at all.

No hump cabin noise issues under pool deck on S Class.

On M Class Connie in hump cabin, we did have blaring noise and stomping overhead from d j area....great cabin but we moved immediately to a much quieter cabin.

Agree with OP about noise from Centrum on some Royal ships (Jewel?) ..We were 2 cabins in from Centrum..and could hear the blaring art auction all the way up and into our cabin ..deck 8, I think. No issues on Celeb..although music comes up the middle, cabins areas are sep by doors

• 1 month later...

Linda

Quick Question - Are you Linda and Joe From Clearwater area? Did you frequent a restaurant called G. Bellini's ? If so, we know you and will be on the same cruise - hump cabin on deck 7

Quick Question - Are you Linda and Joe From Clearwater area? Did you frequent a restaurant called G. Bellini's ? If so, we know you and will be on the same cruise - hump cabin on deck 7

Welll we are Linda and Joe and we do live near Clearwater, but we don't go to G Bellini's. Sorry [emoji52]

Linda

Edited by tonto524

No hump cabin noise issues under pool deck on S Class.

On M Class Connie in hump cabin, we did have blaring noise and stomping overhead from d j area....great cabin but we moved immediately to a much quieter cabin.

Agree with OP about noise from Centrum on some Royal ships (Jewel?) ..We were 2 cabins in from Centrum..and could hear the blaring art auction all the way up and into our cabin ..deck 8, I think. No issues on Celeb..although music comes up the middle, cabins areas are sep by doors

Hump cabin on M Class? I guess I've missed where those are? Please explain.

We were on the Equinox last sailing in cabin 1608 and there's noise from the dragging of the pool lounge chairs in the morning (fortunately not too early!) and late afternoons and noise from the music on the nights they had pool deck parties (fortunately ended before midnight). We experienced the same on the Eclipse in December in cabin 1606. We did not experience any traffic noise nor any noise from the grand foyer. There was occasional noise from the stateroom attendants supply closet but not everyday.

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr
clarify