Liberty of the Seas - advanced reservations?

hi all!

First time cruisers for our family of four March 12-19 2017 to Western Caribbean - yay! I am in the RCI Cruise Planner website and I see the link for Entertainment, but when I click on it, a message says that I need to reserve on the ship.

Does this mean that Entertainment is first come first serve? Or are all seating reservation times are booked up?

Excursions: how likely will the excursions be booked full once we get on the ship?

Finally, I see there are several restaurants that are an additional fee. Is it worth the extra expense? (part of the sell to my hubby was that food was included!)

Thanks in advance!:)

Not necessary at all. You will be told when you are scheduled for the ice show.. don't miss it! It was always by muster station when we sailed and you can also choose to go standby. All other entertainment has no reservations at all.

We do enjoy the specialty dining( except Sabor as I loathe Mexican food). Whether it is worth it to you is subjective.

Depends on the excursions. Some you can assume will sell out, others run the risk of being canceled because not enough people sign up. Most ports can be done on your own or privately booking a tour

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi enjoy your cruise I'm addicted! We've only done specialty restaurants twice in 8 cruises. Once it was a gift ( def wouldn't have paid the extra) and last time was because my daughter wanted to try it ( and again not worth the cost) oops wait there was a third time we got a deal on a lunch and they had all you can eat lobster tail ( that was on Oasis ) that time it was worth it because i can eat my husband's weight in shell fish:D

But we won't do it again. We enjoy the main dinning room food!

You do not need show reservations on Liberty. Just read your Compass every day, it will tell you about the different shows. The entertainment is very good, so I recommend you try to get seated early for best seats. We try for at least 20 minutes before.

We have cruised for many years and never gone to any of the 'paid' restaurants as we are perfectly happy with the DR. Be sure and try the main DR for lunch on sea days. So good. Dress code is relaxed for lunch.

Some love the restaurants, so if you have extra $, go for it.

hi all!

First time cruisers for our family of four March 12-19 2017 to Western Caribbean - yay! I am in the RCI Cruise Planner website and I see the link for Entertainment, but when I click on it, a message says that I need to reserve on the ship. That is typical for RCCI just show up to the shows early to get a good seat. I highly recommend

going to the main shows but you will also enjoy The Quest and The love and Marriage game shows they are great fun and the Ice show is also a must see.

Does this mean that Entertainment is first come first serve? Or are all seating reservation times are booked up?

Excursions: how likely will the excursions be booked full once we get on the ship? It all depends on how many people sign up some fill up some even get cancelled if you find what you want before you leave I would book it ahead if it gets cancelled or you change your mind you can always get a refund for it.

Finally, I see there are several restaurants that are an additional fee. Is it worth the extra expense? (part of the sell to my hubby was that food was included!)I have tried a few of the extra cost resturants and in my opinion its not worth the extra cost, while the service was not a hectic as the MDR the food quality was not leaps better, except for The Chefs Table meal. We did that on allure and it was top 3 all time best meals I've ever had and I'm a foodie!. My suggestion would be find all the included places, there are plenty and try them all. I highly recommend the Kummelweck sandwich in the park café, fantastic roast beef and one of my favorites.

Thanks in advance!:)

Hope this helps

We've seen many folks dining at the specialty dining restaurants (extra $$) during the 12 or so cruises we've been on. We have always enjoyed our meals in the regular dining rooms and choose to use our cash for excursions or other ship purchases. To each his own but I believe for a first time cruiser especially, you'll love the food! Have a great cruise.

We did Liberty last April ( are will do it again this April) , no reservations for shows, only show that can be crowded is the Ice show so get there early ( this is repeated a few times) Saturday Night Fever is also a very good show. My wife is not crazy for Mexican food, but we loved Chops and Giovanni's we are getting the 5 night specialty package, I would try to do both they are so much better than MDR, great ship was refurbished last year. Also join Roll call, many of us do not do RCCL excursions and just do others or on our own, ask others from your roll call what they are doing.

Edited by George C

As first time cruisers, you probably will be quite fine with the "included" food. No reason to spend extra. There is the Promenade Cafe and Sorrento's Pizza in addition to the Windjammer buffet and the main dining rooms. On Liberty there are usually a couple of special lunches served on the pool deck on sea days when weather permits. My favorite is the paella. They may have Mexican or bbq lunch as well.