Mini-Suites on Star Princess

Robinsoncruiseso

I have stayed in a mini on the Island Princess. Personally, I did not like the bathtub combo. The floor of the bathtub was higher than the floor and the shower head was low. Also the width of the bathtub was narrow. I can get dizzy at times and the width was a problem. (could not obtain a wide and stable stance). I know this seems weird.

I am considering a mini on the Star Princess. Would appreciate to know if the tub/shower combo on the Star is the same as on the Island.

We would like the mini for the couch on a 10 day cruise, but do not want to compromise my safety in the shower. But I guess there is always the spa showers.

I have stayed in a mini on the Island Princess. Personally, I did not like the bathtub combo. The floor of the bathtub was higher than the floor and the shower head was low. Also the width of the bathtub was narrow. I can get dizzy at times and the width was a problem. (could not obtain a wide and stable stance). I know this seems weird.

I am considering a mini on the Star Princess. Would appreciate to know if the tub/shower combo on the Star is the same as on the Island.

We would like the mini for the couch on a 10 day cruise, but do not want to compromise my safety in the shower. But I guess there is always the spa showers.

We have sailed in minis on both and to us they were the same.

There should have been a grab bar (or two) in the tub. No mini suite on Princess is going to have a large or wide tub. I can see that getting in, or especially getting out, of the tub might be an issue if you have balance problems. The difference in height could be troublesome.

Thanks guys. That was very speedy and helpful. Tough decision, to mini or not to mini, that is now the question.

I find the smaller shower (in rooms lower than mini) to be claustrophobic and more complicated than the mini suite bathtub.

I've found that they are all similar (small tub, shorter tub, more narrow than a standard tub not on a cruise ship), and I much prefer that to the tiny showers of the other cabins.

However, I find that the price of the mini suite might entice me to go with a different cabin (lower than a mini).

What I like about the mini is that I can have a queen configuration when my kids are cruising with us, the extra couch provides some nice space, and the larger bath.

Edited by jennybenny

I'm 5'10" and found the tub/shower in the mini-suites on the Grand class ships to be much more miniature than what I'd enjoy at home. I can't verify that the tub is narrower than a standard household tub, but the ceiling height is limited. The tub also feels a bit shorter than a standard household tub.

The good news is that the shower curtain isn't so close to you that you are fighting it off all while trying to scrub yourself down. I think I'll take the low ceiling to have a larger shower space.

Plus, the length of the room makes it very comfortable and a place you don't mind hanging out in.

You could book the mini that is furthest aft...no tub. It has a handicap shower.

Hawaii%20one%20032_zpshevvjirm.jpg

When booking you can tell which ships have this cabin by the "twin beds only" notice on the booking page. Not true, you can have the beds rearranged to a queen. I know, cuz we did it.

Hawaii%20one%20024_zpsvch44qdr.jpg

Hawaii%20one%20028_zps1r1xtpr3.jpg

These are the ships that have these cabins:

Caribbean D732-733

Diamond D736-737

Golden D732-733

Grand D732-733

Sapphire D736-737

Star D732-733

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Be aware that with the step up into the bathroom and the raised tub in the mini suites, headroom is limited. DH is 6'5" and has to bend over to take a shower. On a short cruise, he can manage, but we won't book a mini for a longer cruise.

I agree about the tub/shower situation. Very awkward for us "more seasoned mature" folks with balance issues developing (I'm 74 and 6'-5") We booked D732 on the Caribbean and it was an accessible cabin with a walk in shower, nice. We can't do tubs anyway. Been on the Island twice and the Coral with regular minis so don't know about accessible minis.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree about the tub/shower situation. Very awkward for us "more seasoned mature" folks with balance issues developing (I'm 74 and 6'-5") We booked D732 on the Caribbean and it was an accessible cabin with a walk in shower, nice. We can't do tubs anyway. Been on the Island twice and the Coral with regular minis so don't know about accessible minis.

You might inquire about any accessible minis on the Island. Now if you really want to have nice bath with separate shower, spring for an aft suite. We finally did it on the Star for S. America and it was totally worth it.