NCL Escape bottled water preorder

Gaprofitt

Found them.. Thanks.. Ouch, the pricing.. You can't carryon water anymore either right or check it?

Can't bring water on - period.

You CAN get free ice water from the buffets, restaurants. You can also buy water in port for your port days.

The water they sell is in one liter bottles - a hassle to carry around.

You CAN get free ice water from the buffets, restaurants. You can also buy water in port for your port days.

I'm gonna check it with the rest of my luggage, doubt they will bother opening my TSA lock for water..

I'm gonna check it with the rest of my luggage, doubt they will bother opening my TSA lock for water..

They won't open your TSA lock. They will simply put your suitcase in another area of the ship where you will have to go and claim it. (That's known as the "naughty room".)

They will then make you open it and remove the water, where it will simply be confiscated.

So not only are you wasting their time, you are wasting YOUR precious vacation time as well.

Your bag will not be open. Your bag will be confiscated and sent to the naughty room in security. You spend a lot of time on the first night of your cruise in line with everyone else with contraband to get your bag out of security. Or you can leave it there for the entire cruise.

Edited by BirdTravels

Found them.. Thanks.. Ouch, the pricing.. You can't carryon water anymore either right or check it?

They are 1 liter bottles, so it's only half the rip off you thought it was! Still a rip off, though.

An alternative is to bring a sport drink bottle and get the filtered water from the buffet or ask your room steward to bring a pitcher of filtered drinking water to the cabin. Someone on here said they require you to order the water from room service now, but I'm not sure that's true. Some people are buying the portable Brita water bottles with filtration built in, but unless you like to fill your water bottle while sitting on the toilet, the filtered water from the buffet is probably OK.

Remember if you buy water in a port, you can't bring the water back on to the ship. Have to finish drinking it in port.

They are 1 liter bottles, so it's only half the rip off you thought it was! Still a rip off, though.

An alternative is to bring a sport drink bottle and get the filtered water from the buffet or ask your room steward to bring a pitcher of filtered drinking water to the cabin. Someone on here said they require you to order the water from room service now, but I'm not sure that's true. Some people are buying the portable Brita water bottles with filtration built in, but unless you like to fill your water bottle while sitting on the toilet, the filtered water from the buffet is probably OK.

Unless they have reinstateded it they stopped pitchers of water to the cabin with room service we used to order it for the cabin coffee machine.When they stopped it we asked the crew cheapest place for water in port.Now they have stopped that we shall have to order by the glass from the bar

We just bite the bullet and pay the exorbitant cost for a case of 12, 1 Liter bottles. Each bottle lasts us, usually 1-2 days (each) for a 7 day cruise, so it's enough. We request the Cabin Steward to remove everything from the refrigerator and store some of the bottles there so they are chilled. We use the water for the coffee machine in the morning, on deck as we lay out in the sun and during the night on our nightstands and have found that 12 bottles is plenty for us for the 7 night journey. Plus we get on extra bottle each for being Latitudes Gold Member and above.

Unless they have reinstateded it they stopped pitchers of water to the cabin with room service we used to order it for the cabin coffee machine.When they stopped it we asked the crew cheapest place for water in port.Now they have stopped that we shall have to order by the glass from the bar

So the cabin steward will no longer bring a pitcher of water to the cabin?

We just bite the bullet and pay the exorbitant cost for a case of 12, 1 Liter bottles. Each bottle lasts us, usually 1-2 days (each) for a 7 day cruise, so it's enough. We request the Cabin Steward to remove everything from the refrigerator and store some of the bottles there so they are chilled. We use the water for the coffee machine in the morning, on deck as we lay out in the sun and during the night on our nightstands and have found that 12 bottles is plenty for us for the 7 night journey. Plus we get on extra bottle each for being Latitudes Gold Member and above.

Lucky you, 12 one liter bottles would last me about 3 days, and that is for one person.

Lucky you, 12 one liter bottles would last me about 3 days, and that is for one person.

We offset our water consumption with the consumption of lots of UDP Adult Beverages. I find a Martini or seven per day to be fun, along with all the wine and beer throughout the day and of course the best part of the morning, my hand crafted Bloody Mary on the Escape to get the day going. Joy, sheer JOY!

We offset our water consumption with the consumption of lots of UDP Adult Beverages. I find a Martini or seven per day to be fun, along with all the wine and beer throughout the day and of course the best part of the morning, my hand crafted Bloody Mary on the Escape to get the day going. Joy, sheer JOY!

Where's the "LIKE" button? It amazes me to see people spend $4-$5,000 on a cruise and then complain about an extra $40-$50.00 here and there! ;(

My wife is a water snob. Drinks tons of it. Is picky what I buy for her on land-based vacations. She tried the water on the ship and just started drinking that. Even filling bottles from the bathroom sink, which always grosses me out because I think about someone rubbing their crappy hands against the water spigot when washing them. But it tasted good and we're all alive. No one got sick. I think someone posted on here too that they did a salinity test on board one ship and it was often lower than their treated water system at home.

Our plan is to just bring empty cheap water bottles this time.