Looking for Bamboo sheet information

sasydoerr

You should be able to find a "Cariloha" shop in just about any port you stop in. The sheets do feel smooth but I always thought the prices were high. You can check their website under the same name for ideas.

Edited by Rewind

$180 or so when I bought in Ketchikan and my least favorite sheets I've ever purchased.

Different strokes for different folks, but they also shrank up to postage stamp size. Our King size sheets were huge and generous, but after first washing, shrank about 50% realistically. Would never buy again. My friend who recommended them says she just sends them back when they shrink and they replace them. She loves the feel of them...But too much trouble for me....lesson learned.

At the local weekend (big) market. Same as what I have seen. King sheets/pillow cases and mattress cover/pad for about $100 plus two bamboo pillows. We have bought some stuff from the guy before so many we were given a slightly better deal. Not my favorite but they are soft and seem cooler for my wife.

Caroiloha states to be the best, based in Utah with stores all over the Caribbean.

They will ship for free so you don't have to lug home, or check their web site as someone mentioned.

The sheets are very expensive, but in my experience, they do sell quality and stand behind there guarantee.

We are wintering in Myrtle Beach and I came across a knock off at the flea market for $20 for kings.

I bought a set for us and the "kids" for Christmas after a sales pitch comparing. So far no shrinkage or pilling, very happy with my cheap sheets, but I probably got a good batch.:)

Edited by Ocean Dancer

Cariloha is the big brand and they are amazing. You will find them in every port you go to attached to or close to a Del Sol store.....same company

We first got a set oh maybe 6 years ago and now every bed in our house has Cariloha, even the kids. I have never ever had a issue and they are like sleeping on silk.

With that being said I have not found them cheaper in port than from ordering them online. They have coupon on ship and will ship them to your house for free from the store. They actually ship out of the US.

Hi Everyone

This is our first cruise to the eastern caribbean, and I am in search of a set of bamboo sheets. Looking for information about the best place to purchase them and about how much they are?

Thanks so much for info

I'm mainly here to read what people had to say about Bamoo sheets, but our friend was happy with the ones she bought in downtown Phillsburg in St Martin.

Cariloha is even at the Orlando in airport. :)

We have two sets. Our queen set is now on my son's Full sized bed. We have a king on our queen. Why? Because they shrink. And we follow the directions and wash in cold (ugh) and dry on low heat.

We have three towels too. Not a year old and they are getting battered. We have a good gentle washer and dryer. I think if you have an older non HE washer it would be worse.

They tell me to use their warranty/guarantee but the same thing will just happen with the new ones...

They are so soft and nice.

I got a blanket from then too, last March while we were on freedom. We couldn't get the room temperature to a point where I wasn't freezing or stifling while keeping DH and DS happy, so I got the nice blankie. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Cariloha Hotel sheets and I ABSOLUTELY love them, best night sleep ever. I picked them up online in December for a joint Christmas present to myself and my wife, but we place on picking up another set on our Oasis cruise for sure.

I have the Cariloha Hotel sheets and I ABSOLUTELY love them, best night sleep ever. I picked them up online in December for a joint Christmas present to myself and my wife, but we place on picking up another set on our Oasis cruise for sure.

You really could just order then online from home. :)

We have three towels too. Not a year old and they are getting battered. We have a good gentle washer and dryer. I think if you have an older non HE washer it would be worse.

That's because "bamboo" sheets are just HWM rayon, with all its normal characteristics, including not being quite as durable as cotton when wet. They just use bamboo as the cellulose source because it's very inexpensive and grows fast.

Edited by hellsop

• 11 months later...

Sign up before you goon their website. If they have a sale going or an online promotion, the stores will match. We got 35 percent off for a Presidents sale. It was a good deal. Plus they stand behind their product. I had mine replaced after a year because the elastic broke. Not a problem! Nice company and great sheets!!

We love, love, love our Cariloha bamboo sheets! I've bought other bamboo sheets - they are not the same. I have two sets, and hate when I have to sleep on any other sheets. Never had a problem with shrinkage. They get better the more they are used.

Rachel

We love our Cariloha sheets we have had them for 4 years. We bought another set online when they ran a 30% off sale. Cariloha say they have a lifetime guarantee of they rip or get hole they will replace them. We haven't had to so I have no idea how that works.