Looking for a pristine, peaceful beach in Cozumel

Carleeb12

Not interested in a "party" beach with lots of activities, pools, and inflatable toys. Really just want the true Caribbean feel of a beautiful, relaxing beach. Wouldn't mind paying a bit (if I understand, most beaches in Cozumel require you to pay) if it isn't unreasonable.

Nachi Cocom is quiet, relaxing, no water toys, and offers great food, drinks and service. All-inclusive (food/drinks) for about $55 each.

If you want quiet and relaxing and un-crowded and not AI then look at Playa Palancar -- a farther taxi ride than Nachi, but you do not need to spend as much for food/drinks.

No sandy beach will offer good snorkeling - the waves/sand cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in.

Good snorkeling from the shore at The Money Bar (but no beach - you enter the water via steps). Short $10 taxi ride form the piers, no admission fee, good facilities, rental gear if needed, as well as good food/drinks/service

Okay, so at the Money Bar, you don't pay to get in, but do they expect you to buy food and stuff if you snorkel there? Does it fill up with people fast? I noticed in some pictures that there is a little bit of beach and some beach chairs, but does it get crowded quickly? Is there any place to let the kids play near the water or is it strictly snorkeling and that's it? Is it near Dzul Ha? I have read about this place as well, and wondered which was better.

Okay, so at the Money Bar, you don't pay to get in, but do they expect you to buy food and stuff if you snorkel there? Does it fill up with people fast? I noticed in some pictures that there is a little bit of beach and some beach chairs, but does it get crowded quickly? Is there any place to let the kids play near the water or is it strictly snorkeling and that's it? Is it near Dzul Ha? I have read about this place as well, and wondered which was better.

You don't say how old the children are but I wouldn't recommend it for children.

Money Bar is popular and does get crowded, especially middle of the day, but mainly because relatively speaking the facility is not that large.

The "sand" is not a beach as such but a sandy area with loungers and the distance between the road and the sea is very narrow.

If you don't need a pool I would second Palancar as probably quieter although you will pay more in taxi fares. Budget-wise you would do just as well at Paradise Beach where you have the choice of beach, or pool. Water toys are optional and extra. Again, a lot depends on age of children.

Edited by c-leg5

Do any of the recommended beaches have areas/reefs to snorkel?

As John says you will not get sandy beach and good snorkeling but beach bars with "sandy areas" and shore snorkeling include Money Bar, Sky Reef, Corona, chankanaab or northern locations like Buccanos or Azul.

For strong swimmers some like the club at Punta Sur, called Papitos but quite strenuous swim out to reef I understand and entrance fee necessary to Punta Sur.

Do you book a shore excursion for Nachi Cocom or just take a taxi? Money Bar?

This is our first visit to Cozumel and we want snorkelling and then a beach for a long walk.

Welcome to the boards!

Just grab a taxi to either - we have taxied to Money Bar (about $10 for up to 4 passengers in the cab), snorkeled for an hour or so, enjoyed drinks while we dried off, and then taxied to Paradise Beach for the rest of the day ($3 admission/chair rental, nice beach, HUGE pool, good facilities).

Fares from your pier will be posted on a board near the cab line for your pier. If you go to MB first, verify the taxi fare to PB or any other beach club BEFORE you get into the cab. Taxi fare from PB or Nachi or Mr. Sanchos, etc. back to the pier should be about $17.

PB is a good option for 1/2 day because it is not all-inclusive. We love Nachi - AI (food/drinks) for about $55 each. Sanchos offers AI or Pay-as-you-go options.

Have a great cruise! :)

Edited by JohninDC

Punta Morena is a gorgeous beach on the East side of Coz with hardly any traffic.

We also like Punta Morena and away from main restaurant/palapa it is very quiet. Main disadvantages are transport is more difficult/expensive and need to be careful swimming in ocean, (reportedly can be dangerous undertow) but it does have small swimming pool to cool off in.

Edited by c-leg5