Disappointed in Carnival Schedules for 2018-9

Sybird

Sailed on Vista in Nov out of NYC-- Excellent 11-nite trip..Planning to book Horizon for 2018-2019 also out of NYC

What a bummer! Only 8- day sailings and also only 3 ports- two being private islands.

Sorry,Carnival. I cannot be tempted by lousy itineraries! Oh well, back to RCCL and NCL

Sy

I looked at the Horizon's itineraries today and found them to be boring. I'm not interested in paying premium prices for a new ship to go somewhere that's not all that appealing.

Cruizergal, that was a very rude response.

Roz

Their competition in NYC is NCL Escape 7 day to Bermuda and Gem 7 day Florida / Bahamas . With a few Canada NE itineraries sprinkled in. Carnivals 8 day itinerary to GT, San Juan , Amber cove is definitely more appealing . Between Escape and Horizon in NYC and Anthem in Nj folks have three great options with lots of bells and whistles .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by NYcruzzer

Carnival really does not do any itineraries over eight days with the exception of the Journeys cruises and those European and TA trips with the new builds. I'm guessing the reason is that the sweet spot for their primary demographic are the eight day and under sailings.

Carnival really does not do any itineraries over eight days with the exception of the Journeys cruises and those European and TA trips with the new builds. I'm guessing the reason is that the sweet spot for their primary demographic are the eight day and under sailings.

Very true, the younger crowd will spend more than us old folks.

Totally agree.

I looked at the Horizon's itineraries today and found them to be boring. I'm not interested in paying premium prices for a new ship to go somewhere that's not all that appealing.

Cruizergal, that was a very rude response.

Roz

My complaint is why only 8 days?

Because most people can only afford to be away from their jobs for five working days.

If you want longer cruises and want to remain in the Carnival family, try HAL and/or Princess.

Their competition in NYC is NCL Escape 7 day to Bermuda and Gem 7 day Florida / Bahamas . With a few Canada NE itineraries sprinkled in. Carnivals 8 day itinerary to GT, San Juan , Amber cove is definitely more appealing . Between Escape and Horizon in NYC and Anthem in Nj folks have three great options with lots of bells and whistles .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

i booked the escape to bermuda next year, much much cheaper and i get better perks then what carnival is asking for the horizion with higher prices and no perks

My complaint is why only 8 days? It is much too short for all the packing we do

I agree the schedule out of New York is not very exciting. It's also quite pricey. But I don't get your point. What do you pack a big suitcase then wait to find an itinerary to match how much you've you pack? That's a new approach.:rolleyes:

I was on the 11day repo of Vista out of NY in Nov. Decided we will not be doing those again. I'm platinum and there were way too many Dia/Plat cruisers. Check in and boarding felt like herding cattle. Once on board many were obnoxious especially at the past guest party (there were 2 parties because the nbr of Dia/Plat was so high). When wanting longer cruises we now opt for B2B's.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

I agree the schedule out of New York is not very exciting. It's also quite pricey. But I don't get your point. What do you pack a big suitcase then wait to find an itinerary to match how much you've you pack? That's a new approach.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the laugh.

I literally laughed out loud when I read that.:p

Bill

Sailed on Vista in Nov out of NYC-- Excellent 11-nite trip..Planning to book Horizon for 2018-2019 also out of NYC

What a bummer! Only 8- day sailings and also only 3 ports- two being private islands.

Sorry,Carnival. I cannot be tempted by lousy itineraries! Oh well, back to RCCL and NCL

Sy

No Kidding. just went to a cruise expo to grab catalogs from other companies. Carnival teased us with the Journey cruises when they first came out but have yet to redeliver competitive itineraries. I guess they want to stick with being the entry level cruise line. Considering holland america for alaska. prices are also higher than in past. Costa, NCL, and HA are looking pretty good. NCL has great incentives to book ex- free drinks.

i booked the escape to bermuda next year, much much cheaper and i get better perks then what carnival is asking for the horizion with higher prices and no perks

Yep. That's why I said there are 3 great options for Summer '18 travel from NY/NJ I am Platinum on Carnival and NCL . Love them both equally. Figured Escape will be around long enough to sail on her later on. This may be my only chance to sail on the Horizon out of NYC . No less in a Havana Stateroom.

• 3 weeks later...

No Norfolk or San Juan? I priced a Horizon cruise from Miami vs one from Baltimore, not much price difference. I know that transportation costs figure into the mix but a new ship vs old, not sure I understand Carnival's pricing in the future.