Who else has booked an Horizon cruise?

avd79

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
As many of you may be aware, Carnival opened bookings on the new Horizon yesterday. We've booking the 14 day Trans- Atlantic on May 9/18. Has anyone else booked a voyage on this wonderful new ship?

Carnival opened bookings on the Horizon earlier than yesterday. I booked my upcoming cruise on the Horizon about a month or so ago.

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A whole lot of complainers about the show lounge, and that there are no drink holders. :) :) :) Made me laugh because it didn't bother me one bit. I had no problem seeing the excellent shows. I also ran into a lot of grumbling about lines, and waits. But- thinking you were "special" because you were diamond or platinum on the TA, didn't cut it, when half the ship qualified. Got tired of hearing the complaints and the bragging about how many days ahead they booked. :)

A whole lot of complainers about the show lounge, and that there are no drink holders. :) :) :) Made me laugh because it didn't bother me one bit. I had no problem seeing the excellent shows. I also ran into a lot of grumbling about lines, and waits. But- thinking you were "special" because you were diamond or platinum on the TA, didn't cut it, when half the ship qualified. Got tired of hearing the complaints and the bragging about how many days ahead they booked. :)

The show lounge is small compared to the number of passengers. I never go to the shows so it doesn't bother me. Also, it is unusual that the chairs are not bolted to the floor and can be moved around.

• 2 weeks later...
The show lounge is small compared to the number of passengers. I never go to the shows so it doesn't bother me. Also, it is unusual that the chairs are not bolted to the floor and can be moved around.

There wasn’t really a good seat in the lounge and it was sub zero in there. John Heald held a QA on our voyage and he even admitted he expected them to change the liquid setup on future ships since it was one thing that didn’t really work on the ship. They tried to make it more multi-purpose, but it was a fail.

Wouldn’t stop us from booking, but other new ships out there I want to try next year before the Horizon.

I don't see an option for a 5/9/18 TA on carnival site, or other sites...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we booked on 9/11/17 The only inside cabins available were guarantees, still do not have an assignment. I would imagine after the Royal Caribbean TA from Barcelona on 5/7/18 was canceled many like ourselves sailing into Barcelona from Dubai used the 5/9/18 Horizon as a substitute.

When we booked on 9/11/17 The only inside cabins available were guarantees, still do not have an assignment. I would imagine after the Royal Caribbean TA from Barcelona on 5/7/18 was canceled many like ourselves sailing into Barcelona from Dubai used the 5/9/18 Horizon as a substitute.

Yep,

We're Mariner refugees, also- lol

I booked it as soon as I got the letter about Mariner canceling their TA, and was lucky enough to get an assigned balcony.....and it was less $$ than the Mariner TA.

Helaine