Who else has booked an Horizon cruise?

avd79

Im going to book that little 2 day run. It will be a nice little getaway! And a nice way to ease onto a new ship :cool:

I hear ya. We will probably book one of the short ones out of New York that's yet to be listed. Will be a nice long weekend leaving from our home port. We already booked the Sunshine for Easter 2018.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DW and I and Brother/SIL just booked the Horizon for Feb 23, 2019. That will put us at 71 days cruised. Guess we'll have to book a four day before that so that we'll be Platinum for this cruise. We are strongly looking at doing the Paradise going to Cuba.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the TA and the 10 day prior cruise. Booked more for my friend who is a wonderful cruising companion. I do 2 TA's a year, so not my preferred itineraries. But I especially like Europe, traveling there usually 3 times per year, wonderful adventures.

Was on the Vista TA and certainly was a great cruise with everything being "new". A lot of fun. :)

I booked the Horizon TA while on board last week. The travel guy on board really screwed us over I think. I talked to him about booking this cruise but made it clear I did NOT want to do the Early Saver rate because if I needed to cancel I didn't want to lose $100 and then have a "credit" that had to be used within 24 months. I also said I only wanted a mid ship location. He said that then it should be booked as a Past Guest rate which would be $20 pp more which was fine with me. So I filled out the paperwork and stipulated everything we had discussed. The day of disembarkation I get the booking information in the mailbox and he booked it as an Early Saver and sticks us in a far aft cabin (not the good far aft with a balcony, but an inside). I am furious! Plus, I just did a mock booking on airfare and it's coming out to $3,655 per person x 2 = $7,310. BTW, I took a picture of the form I filled out before I gave it to him and he should have called me to tell me he couldn't book it how we discussed instead of just booking it anyway. Talk about a Bait and Switch. Supposedly a manager is going to call me tomorrow to discuss my options.