AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

I am a bit concerned.  The discounted Princess gift cards have been gone from both Allstate and AARP for several weeks now.  As one who occasionally sails on Princess, I am concerned that these discounted cards are gone for good.   And am also wondering if this might portend a future disappearance of discounted Carnival cards.  Hope not, but I may buy my next Carnival GCs sooner than I otherwise would.

3 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

I am a bit concerned.  The discounted Princess gift cards have been gone from both Allstate and AARP for several weeks now.  As one who occasionally sails on Princess, I am concerned that these discounted cards are gone for good.   And am also wondering if this might portend a future disappearance of discounted Carnival cards.  Hope not, but I may buy my next Carnival GCs sooner than I otherwise would.

I noticed this also, been looking for some RCCL certificates.   Just hoping it's a temporary thing!

7 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

I am extremely concerned about Princess as well.  A few months back I got 3000.00 worth and after making some deposits on some 2023 sailings, I don't have enough left over for the balance of our April sailings.  Had hoped to buy more and have come up empty the past few months. Frustrating, but it is what it is.

8 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

I doubt it, a lot of people who buy these discount cards (and other credit card offers and points maximizing) book their own cruises. The lines already give big discounts to travel agents and other third party representatives. It's not a big loss IMO and locks the money in and generates immediate cash flow. They could even be more aggressive IMO with banks & credit card cash back offers; basically, give folks the same incentive they pass to travel agents/online discount booking engines/costco etc. It also centralizes control with direct bookings, win win.  

8 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

I did notice that the only Carnival cards available now are the $1.000 cards. Just ordered a couple in case they go poof also. 

I think they just sold out of the other denominations and need to restock. I just bought some a few days ago and they had all the regular denominations ($100, $500, $1K). 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I doubt it, a lot of people who buy these discount cards (and other credit card offers and points maximizing) book their own cruises. The lines already give big discounts to travel agents and other third party representatives. It's not a big loss IMO and locks the money in and generates immediate cash flow. They could even be more aggressive IMO with banks & credit card cash back offers; basically, give folks the same incentive they pass to travel agents/online discount booking engines/costco etc. It also centralizes control with direct bookings, win win.  

I am not sure that gift cards push one toward a direct booking instead of using a travel agent.   I have used my Princess and Carnival GCs on cruises booked with both TAs and directly with carnival. 

Do agree, though, that the discounted GCs generate immediate cash flow for the cruise lines and they surely can use the cash flow.  But doesn't Princess need cash flow too?   Apparently not enough to keep selling discounted GCs.

On 1/18/2022 at 11:39 PM, Wanna_Cruize said:

I did notice that the only Carnival cards available now are the $1.000 cards. Just ordered a couple in case they go poof also. 

All three denominations of Carnival cards ($1,000  $500   and $100) are again available on Allstate.  Plastic GCs, not electronic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2021 at 2:53 PM, babygrljaz said:

why can't you just buy ecards?  They work just the same & shipping cost.  Ecards are sent immediately, you can print or save it in your email.  You can also add it to your google wallet if you use that.

So I lost my physical gift card but have the numbers and pin. You think I can still add it at the kiosk ?  

7 hours ago, rmajor said:

So I lost my physical gift card but have the numbers and pin. You think I can still add it at the kiosk ?  

You should be able to. You might want to go to the site (I don't have it offhand) where you can check the balance of the Carnival Card and print out the balance shown, just in case you can't get the KIOSK to work. 

One other method, depending on how much your card is worth, to use it to purchase something, such as Cheers, internet, steakhouse, excursion, etc. online before you go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1