AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Well good news, even though I haven't heard anything back from AARP, I needed to buy some cards!!   Just bought 10 (2 transactions with 5 cards each) with no issues at all.   They must have fixed whatever bug was in there!!

• Like 1

In the past I seem to remember that it was fairly straightforward to add these to my Apple Wallet.  Now, there only seems to be a link on the e gift cards to add to Google Wallet.  Has anyone had success recently in putting these on your iPhone for easier retrieval when on board? (I know I can take a picture and save it in my photos, just easier if I can have it stored in my Apple Wallet)

2 minutes ago, mjayp said:

In the past I seem to remember that it was fairly straightforward to add these to my Apple Wallet.  Now, there only seems to be a link on the e gift cards to add to Google Wallet.  Has anyone had success recently in putting these on your iPhone for easier retrieval when on board? (I know I can take a picture and save it in my photos, just easier if I can have it stored in my Apple Wallet)

I was able to add my Carnival GC to my Apple Wallet.  Email appeared notifying that my purchase from AARP went through. Clicked on Get My Reward button.  I had to wait a couple seconds till the Add to Apple Wallet button appeared.  Clicked on it then clicked the Add button.

I hope it works out better for you in the future!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I was able to add my Carnival GC to my Apple Wallet.  Email appeared notifying that my purchase from AARP went through. Clicked on Get My Reward button.  I had to wait a couple seconds till the Add to Apple Wallet button appeared.  Clicked on it then clicked the Add button.

I will have to remember to put them in my Apple wallet. I have 3 more cruises this fall, so I will be buying cards almost every month now. I need to start making my specialty dining reservations and buying CHEERS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Thanks for the feedback - not sure why my purchase this week didn't give me that option, but I am encouraged that at least the option does still seem to exist.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

So I just purchased some from AARP. How do I add it to my account to pay for my gratuities before boarding? I only see the option to use a credit card or paypal to pay for it?

on the page that says "select payment option", the very first option should be "add a gift card".  If you are already at the credit card/paypal section, try scrolling up

20 minutes ago, mjayp said:

on the page that says "select payment option", the very first option should be "add a gift card".  If you are already at the credit card/paypal section, try scrolling up

It only gives the option of credit card or paypal.

image.thumb.png.7d09531f991300a2fa7880e741a09299.png

22 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

It only gives the option of credit card or paypal.

image.thumb.png.7d09531f991300a2fa7880e741a09299.png

When I see that screen, I can just scroll up to get to the other options.  Or, try to go back (I assume you got to this page from clicking on the "balance due" option.  

37 minutes ago, mjayp said:

When I see that screen, I can just scroll up to get to the other options.  Or, try to go back (I assume you got to this page from clicking on the "balance due" option.  

That screen is all the way up. The only other thing above it is my booking number and cruise. Yes, I've tried it multiple times, including going back, logging out, restarting. That's what I get each time.

1 minute ago, mitsugirly said:

That screen is all the way up. The only other thing above it is my booking number and cruise. Yes, I've tried it multiple times, including going back, logging out, restarting. That's what I get each time.

What are you clicking to get to that screen?

I just tried adding...like the bottomless bubbles to it and I get to a screen that allows me to add a gift card. So, it seems to work on that. But still not working on the pre paid gratuities. 

I'm getting to this area by going to my "Booking & Order Details", which list my booking and stateroom, then my "cruise companions", Then "activities & services order history", then at the bottom is the "get ready for your cruise" and list the "Pre-Pay your gratuities before you sail with the button to click. 

I was just able to pay our gratuities for our 4/14 cruise using 3 AARP gift cards.

From Booking & Order Details, I clicked on View Invoice Details, then next to Prepaid Gratuities, I clicked on Add which took me to the payment screen showing the Gift Card option.

image.png.5bf57df488e5a01893b2afabbb3afd48.png

image.png.e74a551d93d7d6a5102ef8c7538bfc02.png

image.png.2a1ab564f23e090cc68c9b7b31446704.png

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I was just able to pay our gratuities for our 4/14 cruise using 3 AARP gift cards.

From Booking & Order Details, I clicked on View Invoice Details, then next to Prepaid Gratuities, I clicked on Add which took me to the payment screen showing the Gift Card option.

Yes, this is how you prepay your gratuities with a gift card, at least when you are past final payment date (90 days before cruise) and have already paid your cruise fare in full.

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Did you book your cruise directly with the cruise line?

ruimin

1 hour ago, Petersonfcu said:

Yes, this is how you prepay your gratuities with a gift card, at least when you are past final payment date (90 days before cruise) and have already paid your cruise fare in full.

Looks like I have the same option to do it this way for our September Mardi Gras cruise.

41 minutes ago, ruimin said:

ruimin

Yes, through my Carnival PVP.

37 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Looks like I have the same option to do it this way for our September Mardi Gras cruise.

Yes, through my Carnival PVP.

Thank you, I believe because I booked though travel agent, so I can’t open the 

the page like you did. Thanks again!

ruimin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruimin said:

ruimin

Your travel agent can prepay the gratuities using your gift card.   

5 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I did just that and get the screen I posted above...still only the option to use a credit card or paypal only. 

Edited by mitsugirly

3 hours ago, ruimin said:

ruimin

2 hours ago, ruimin said:

ruimin

I booked with a TA as well. I'm wondering if this is the problem. ??

I contacted my TA who said to use the gift cards to buy Cruise Cash. The only problem is...it says you are only allowed to purchase $500 in Cruise Cash per stateroom. Our gratuities for 4 people in the room is more than that ($512) and I still want to purchase the soda package and maybe an excursion as well. UGH! 😡

7 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

I just tried adding...like the bottomless bubbles to it and I get to a screen that allows me to add a gift card. So, it seems to work on that. But still not working on the pre paid gratuities. 

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

I booked with a TA as well. I'm wondering if this is the problem. ??

I contacted my TA who said to use the gift cards to buy Cruise Cash. The only problem is...it says you are only allowed to purchase $500 in Cruise Cash per stateroom. Our gratuities for 4 people in the room is more than that ($512) and I still want to purchase the soda package and maybe an excursion as well. UGH! 😡

You said you were able to see the gift card option for bottomless bubbles so why don't you go ahead and pay for that with a gift card? Although if you can pay for that with the gift card, I don't see why don't have the option to do the same for gratuities. BUT will your TA not handle the transaction for you? You shouldn't have to buy cruise cash to cover gratuities, you should be able to pay them outright. You can always leave the gratuities to be paid onboard and apply a gift card to your Sail & Sign account once on the ship.