suite perks on Royal

Hi All!

I have mostly cruised on NCL, and I am currently considering a Grand balcony suite on Freedom of the seas next January. Can anyone tell me about the suite perks on Royal? And if you have experienced NCL suites and Royal suites, how do they compare? thanks in advance for any input!:)

Never done NCL.

Some suite perks that I have enjoyed are

Priority check in.

Breakfast in chops. You can order off a menu or you can go to the buffet in the windjammer and bring your plate in to chops for easy seating.

Suite lounge with concierge to assist with specialty restaurant bookings, tender tickets etc.

Reserved seating for shows.

Reserved pool seating. Last time we did Freedom it was on top of the sky bar and was to windy for us. Some ships have it between the pool deck and skybar deck which is great.

Priority disembarkation.

There is usually a get together at some bar with captain and some senior officers.

Also if you go to Labadee, There is a reserved beach with upgraded beach buffet for suite guest.

There may be a couple other thing but what was mentioned is what we use most.

You will enjoy the experience.

I have done both lines. The Freedom would be equivalent to a non haven suite without lunch in Cagneys. Breakfast in Chops is good with great service. But NCL would win over RCL there. On the newer ships(oasis Class and Quantam class they have a seperate breakfast lunch and dinner restaurant the Coastal Kitchen with is equivalent to the Haven Restaurant. The Oasis class also has a suite sundeck with a bar that I enjoy very much. i like both lines but sail RCL more frequently.

Surprised no one has mentioned the concierge lounge. Continental breakfast and specialty coffee in the morning, plus all day access for specialty coffee. Also each evening unlimited free cocktails, wine, beer and hors d'ourves. No frozen drinks, but plenty to choose from; usually from approximately 5:30 to 8:30.

Double C&A points.

A few cruises back when we sailed the Freedom, we found our pool towels in the bathroom on the shelf, and they were replaced daily, we were told just to turn them in at the pool.

Another year in a GS we did not have this luxury.

Also the year we did not have the pool towels provided by our cabin attendant, when we did check them out, the attendants at the pool station did not scan our sea pass card.

Enjoy the (sweet) suite life, we do.

Safe travels.

Hi All!

I have mostly cruised on NCL, and I am currently considering a Grand balcony suite on Freedom of the seas next January. Can anyone tell me about the suite perks on Royal? And if you have experienced NCL suites and Royal suites, how do they compare? thanks in advance for any input!:)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

Surprised no one has mentioned the concierge lounge. Continental breakfast and specialty coffee in the morning, plus all day access for specialty coffee. Also each evening unlimited free cocktails, wine, beer and hors d'ourves. No frozen drinks, but plenty to choose from; usually from approximately 5:30 to 8:30.

Double C&A points.

See post # 2 re suite lounge.

A few cruises back when we sailed the Freedom, we found our pool towels in the bathroom on the shelf, and they were replaced daily, we were told just to turn them in at the pool.

Another year in a GS we did not have this luxury.

Also the year we did not have the pool towels provided by our cabin attendant, when we did check them out, the attendants at the pool station did not scan our sea pass card.

Enjoy the (sweet) suite life, we do.

Safe travels.

Never had pool towels in our GS. As recent as September and November.

This is our experience also. Not a big issue but pool towels were never in state room. However reserved pool chairs had towels on them for your convenience.

On allure in crown loft there were pool towels on the loungers on the balcony.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Edited by frank808