Booking for next cruise

Angela2016

Just got off our first cruise!

Loved it! Was on the carribean princess.

We're looking to book our next for Jan 2018. Considering all choices and right now princess is looking pretty expensive.

Now considering royal carribean, anyone have any helpful info about serenade of the sea? Or navigator of the sea? Those are the two we're looking at.

What I'm looking for is private balcony, good food, mellow environment, good service and nice accomadations. We are not a party couple lol. How do you find the two lines compare?

Any seasoned travellers wish to share!

I greatly appreciate your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Angela2016

We are going on our first princess cruise this year so I can't tell you exactly how it's compares with RCCL. We love RCCL although they do have a lot of activities going on and do cater for families. That said you only have to do what you want to do.

You might also want to consider Celebrity which is less busy and you might find it suits you a bit better.

Don't give up on Princess just yet.

Princess rates when they first come out are most always higher than they end up after their never ending series of sales .

Monitor the Princess Forum here on CC.

Add to that the ability of TA's to Discount Princess Fares

(must contact TA to get the Discounted fare as they can't advertise it), their combinable OBC's (CL promo , Military , Shareholder and TA)

One other question.

Do you know if it has a promenade deck( or running deck) all around the ship?

RCI ships typically have both - a Promenade deck that usually goes around the ship (ship dependent as some restrict the front or back access on that deck) and a running track typically on the pool deck. Some also have a Royal Promenade - which is an inside shopping and dining venue open several decks high with staterooms facing inside. Navigator is one of these ships. I think RCI would check all of your boxes.