First time having Ultimate Beverage Package...

sopier

We will be sailing at the end of April on the Jade. NCL included the UBP in our sailing. We have already prepaid the service charges for our cruise for that package. Having already done that, will their be more charges charged to us every time we have a drink? Thanks for helping

Nope. If you've already paid the "Choice Promotion Service Charge" (on your Vacation Summary page,) you're done, and won't have additional charges per drink added to your account. Some folks like to leave an additional small cash tip for good service, but that's entirely at your discretion.

We will be sailing at the end of April on the Jade. NCL included the UBP in our sailing. We have already prepaid the service charges for our cruise for that package. Having already done that, will their be more charges charged to us every time we have a drink? Thanks for helping

For the most part, you can order single drinks under $15 for free. If the drink exceeds $15, you pay the difference in price + tip on the difference.

You can order a single beer, but not a bucket of beer. You can order a glass of wine, but not a bottle of wine. Stay away from the mini-bar in your room.

Other exclusions:

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. One beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive a $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account.

Your service charge is paid so there's no 18% added on when you purchase a drink if that's what u r asking. If you are in a port with taxes you will be charged tax on the drink (we spent 2 days in Florida waters, embarkation in Tampa and second day at key west - worked out to about $17 in taxes for just me). If you order a drink over $15, you pay the overage plus 18%. My experience was while only some bartenders mentioned the tax, they always mentioned if I ordered a drink over the limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's the most awesome thing to have. No bill at the end. No slips to match up. Just the bomb! Love it.:)

This sums up our feelings perfectly! Even if you aren't big drinkers it's nice to just have and know it's there if you want to indulge.

The terms exclude "select lavazza coffee beverages". This implies some coffee drinks are included. Is this right? Thank you.

You can get coffee in the buffet and, so I understand, in restaurants or some bars, but it is not particularly rated by some people. I think it's ok, but usually only get it from the buffet.

The lavazza coffee is pretty good in my opinion. I sometimes have an espresso after a meal or a latte during the day, and always enjoy it. Whilst you have to pay for it, I don't think it's badly priced. Fairly similar prices to a high street coffee shop, but I think it tastes better.

Does the package cover a vodka and Mountain Dew "cocktail"? [emoji13]

Asking for one in our group?

Anything under 15$

FYI drink enough of anything and it will start to taste good :lol

I have had tequildews in the past.

Heading out on the Breakaway in a couple weeks, we got this package as well. I don't drink alcohol but my lady does. How do they identify you? Do we need a wristband or something?

Thanks!

Heading out on the Breakaway in a couple weeks, we got this package as well. I don't drink alcohol but my lady does. How do they identify you? Do we need a wristband or something?

Thanks!

Your UBP status shows up in your account. They still need to swipe your card for each order, it just shows up as UBP on their system and nothing gets charged to your room (except for the above-mentioned taxes in US ports and cost above $15).

Edited by Dajbman22

Thanks!

It's marked on your keycard and the system deals with it automatically.

They still need to scan a card.

Leaving on the Jade April 23rd, so excited since it is our first with NCL. I was wondering if you could get shots with the UBP or does it have to be a mixed drink?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes try it can, but check the prices as some are over $15

Leaving on the Jade April 23rd, so excited since it is our first with NCL. I was wondering if you could get shots with the UBP or does it have to be a mixed drink?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Shots are covered by the same rules as mixed drinks (fully covered up to $15).