Ocean View Balcony Guarantee on Allure--Still not assigned.

Our cruise is in a week. We booked an Ocean View Balcony Guarantee. We still do not have our room number assigned. I called and they said we may NOT find out our room number until we board the ship. Also what if they do not have any balcony rooms left? Has anyone else been assigned their room number while boarding the ship? If so what was the outcome?

Thanks!

While it may be difficult, take a step back from your device and don't stress over the cabin assignment. You'll get a balcony sometime between now and sailing. If you can't deal with the uncertainty, don't book a GTY rate.

Our cruise is in a week. We booked an Ocean View Balcony Guarantee. We still do not have our room number assigned. I called and they said we may NOT find out our room number until we board the ship. Also what if they do not have any balcony rooms left? Has anyone else been assigned their room number while boarding the ship? If so what was the outcome?

Thanks!

Think of the positive outcome - you could get a suite.

A balcony guarantee means just that. You will get a cabin with a balcony.

Let's not add stress to the OP by saying this, next thing they'll be worrying that they'll get a Boardwalk balcony which they didn't want when booking an X rate.

luv-my-kids,

If I am correct you must be on the Feb 5th sailing.

If so, I just did mock booking and saw a total of 21 Superior Ocean View with Balcony, and 5 Superior Ocean View with Large Balcony cabins available. The available cabins are shown on their web site when viewing a mock booking.

We booked a gty on princess to Alaska. Never got a room assignment. When we reached the pier in Seattle, the person at the door simply sent us to another person who had the manifest. He gave us our cabin number and made luggage tags for us. We wound up in a funny, triangle shaped cabin in the extreme front where the ships art was stored. We were fine with it. You never know what you will get.

We were a little nervous about no cabin assignment but the price was right. And we were okay with that. We had a great cruise and wound up liking our odd cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!

Luggage porters curbside will have a manifest so they can properly tag your bags for delivery. Try not to be anxious about not having an assignment yet.