Will Vibe become a Platinum and above exclusive area?

Até

Whether intentional or not the new Latitudes priority embarkation benefit seems to increase the probability of this happening. Anyone have data on how many platinum and above are on the average Epic, BA, GA and Escape cruise? It seems to me there will be enough wanting a pass to put a significant dent in availability for lower tiers. Would this be a good time to start making Vibe passes available online, as a first come basis? Or should this be an intentional benefit for the higher tiers?

Your analysis is correct. And that is the way it should be.

I don't know, it seems to me that the upper Latitudes tiers get plenty of perks as it is. Must they have all the Vibe slots as well? And I say this as a Platinum well on my way to Plus. This new Latitudes embarkation process gives these groups a very big edge.

If it had been NCL's intention to set up these places as elclusive areas for Suite guests, or Platinum only, or Gold and up, etc., they could easily have done this to begin with. Instead it was open to all, passes sold first come basis. This is NCL, so they have probably not thought through this perhaps unintended consequence of the new boarding process.

The only really fair process at this point is just to have those adults with interest in the passes indicate this in the registration process and then to award them via a lottery with email notification precruise.

Don't know why it has to be "fair". It should be first come, first serve. If we're really interested in "fair" then maybe you shouldn't be able to book a specific cabin, just indicate your interest when you make your reservation...then if more than one person wants that cabin, it should be awarded via lottery. :rolleyes:

Currently, Platinum members can arrive at the pier whenever they want. Unlike everyone else, they don't have to choose a check in time. Since all of the Platinums can arrive early, then all of the Vibe passes should go to Plaintums anyway, so what it the difference?

Just because Platinum members CAN show up early for priority boarding doesn't mean that they will.

Don't know why it has to be "fair". It should be first come, first serve. If we're really interested in "fair" then maybe you shouldn't be able to book a specific cabin, just indicate your interest when you make your reservation...then if more than one person wants that cabin, it should be awarded via lottery. :rolleyes:

Currently, Platinum members can arrive at the pier whenever they want. Unlike everyone else, they don't have to choose a check in time. Since all of the Platinums can arrive early, then all of the Vibe passes should go to Plaintums anyway, so what it the difference?

Just because Platinum members CAN show up early for priority boarding doesn't mean that they will.

Have you missed the news that Platinums will now board first? It's no longer just a matter of get there early and give yourself an edge. Instead of the word "fair" insert equal opportunity. Unless NCL intends this to be a perk for Platinums they need to change their method of handing them out.

As someone who just made gold and loves Vibe, I still think that the new system where platinum members (presumably) get first access to Vibe is fair. On our Escape cruise last winter, we couldn't get passes because they all want to B2B guests before "normal" passengers could board. This is no different, other than I think platinum members earned it more than the B2Bers.

If an exclusive area is important and you don't have high status, book Haven or sail off peak. Otherwise, think of it as a nice perk if you can still manage to grab a spot. We've had trips where passes were still available after sail away.

Have you missed the news that Platinums will now board first? It's no longer just a matter of get there early and give yourself an edge. Instead of the word "fair" insert equal opportunity. Unless NCL intends this to be a perk for Platinums they need to change their method of handing them out.

If a platinum member gets to port at two pm, they'll still board after a silver member who gets there at ten am.

If a platinum member gets to port at two pm, they'll still board after a silver member who gets there at ten am.

True, but the number of passes is very limited. And the bronze that

arrives way before boarding starts in order to improve their odds may find that a few hundred Platinums will still board before them because now they have priority regardless of arrival time.

True, but the number of passes is very limited. And the bronze that

arrives way before boarding starts in order to improve their odds may find that a few hundred Platinums will still board before them because now they have priority regardless of arrival time.

A rather moot point given that a Bronze member has to select an arrival time and "way before boarding starts" isn't an offered time anyway.

Not to mention that there are only 4 ships in the entire NCL fleet where this could even come into play at all. Besides, once passes are handed out to the VIPs, then to the B2B cruisers, then to the Haven cruisers, then to the Ambassador cruisers, and then to the Platinum Plus cruisers, I doubt there will be enough left over for the "few hundred Platinums". So why worry about it?

Whether intentional or not the new Latitudes priority embarkation benefit seems to increase the probability of this happening. Anyone have data on how many platinum and above are on the average Epic, BA, GA and Escape cruise? It seems to me there will be enough wanting a pass to put a significant dent in availability for lower tiers. Would this be a good time to start making Vibe passes available online, as a first come basis? Or should this be an intentional benefit for the higher tiers?

@ Platnuim Plus no vibe pass for me. My first priority is lunch.:D

A rather moot point given that a Bronze member has to select an arrival time and "way before boarding starts" isn't an offered time anyway.

Not to mention that there are only 4 ships in the entire NCL fleet where this could even come into play at all. Besides, once passes are handed out to the VIPs, then to the B2B cruisers, then to the Haven cruisers, then to the Ambassador cruisers, and then to the Platinum Plus cruisers, I doubt there will be enough left over for the "few hundred Platinums". So why worry about it?

Selection of arrival time is a moot point as there will still be lower or no tier cruisers who get the "early" time slots. And, time slot assignments are pretty much ignored by cruisers as well as NCL who never enforced them in the past.

The fact that this area is only available on 4 ships? Sounds moot to me. It's either an option or it's not. The number of passes available has always fluctuated based on many factors, so moot point.

The only pertinent fact is that in future, lower or no tier folks arriving early in order to get an early boarding number in order to get one of these passes might just as well not bother, as they don't stand a chance of getting on early as long as Platinum get priority boarding and they continue to offer these on first come basis a board the ship. Really doesn't matter to me. I've never had one of these passes and not interested. But seems pretty clear that these areas are going to be exclusively populated only with those who can board first in the future, and those early boarders will be exclusively Suite and Platinum. If that's what NCL intends, then fine. If not, then they'll have to do something different in giving them out.

Selection of arrival time is a moot point as there will still be lower or no tier cruisers who get the "early" time slots. And, time slot assignments are pretty much ignored by cruisers as well as NCL who never enforced them in the past.

The fact that this area is only available on 4 ships? Sounds moot to me. It's either an option or it's not. The number of passes available has always fluctuated based on many factors, so moot point.

The only pertinent fact is that in future, lower or no tier folks arriving early in order to get an early boarding number in order to get one of these passes might just as well not bother, as they don't stand a chance of getting on early as long as Platinum get priority boarding and they continue to offer these on first come basis a board the ship. Really doesn't matter to me. I've never had one of these passes and not interested. But seems pretty clear that these areas are going to be exclusively populated only with those who can board first in the future, and those early boarders will be exclusively Suite and Platinum. If that's what NCL intends, then fine. If not, then they'll have to do something different in giving them out.

Those areas have ALWAYS been populated by those who embark first. Which really shouldn't matter since you've never had a pass and are not even interested in one in the first place.

For as much of a frenzy as people get into about this area I wish, as a shareholder, they would triple the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea how many Vibe passes they sell per cruise? I was in Vibe last year on Escape and it was never very busy....which I know is the point...

At what point do they make you choose a port arrival time?

Our cruise is six weeks away, we did our online check-in months ago and our edocs were ready weeks ago, yet we have never been asked to pick a port arrival time.

Our check-in status is still at 100 per cent on the My NCL website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At what point do they make you choose a port arrival time?

Our cruise is six weeks away, we did our online check-in months ago and our edocs were ready weeks ago, yet we have never been asked to pick a port arrival time.

Our check-in status is still at 100 per cent on the My NCL website.

Online Check-In for your cruise consists of five (5) distinct sections:

1. Personal Information
  2. Contact Information
  3. Proof of Citizenship
  4. Arrival Time
  5. Ticket Contract

You will select your arrival time in Step #4.

It never asked us to select one and our edocs state that boarding begins at noon. Perhaps selecting an arrival time is not standard for all ships and/or sailings?

I just read another thread where the poster said the same thing. Thank you for your help. [emoji846]

1. Personal Information
  2. Contact Information
  3. Proof of Citizenship
  4. Arrival Time
  5. Ticket Contract

Not all ports have "staggered check-in" where you are required to choose a check-in time...... enforced or not is another issue. . . for example, Boston does not require you to pick a check-in time during the process.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

1. Personal Information
  2. Contact Information
  3. Proof of Citizenship
  4. Arrival Time
  5. Ticket Contract

Also, as I recall, suite guests are not asked arrival time during the online check-in process. It's not present in either of my current bookings.

They didn't ask about exceptions such as ports, cabin category, or latitude status...they simply asked at what point would you select one, and again, that is in step 4 of the online check in process.

agreed, my point being that not all online check-ins will ask that question (so step 4 is not always a constant because of port, cabin category, or latitude status ) ..... so there should've been a caveat to your answer such as "IF there is a point where you are required to choose an arrival time, it is at Step 4"...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

Edited by esm54687

They didn't ask about exceptions such as ports, cabin category, or latitude status...they simply asked at what point would you select one, and again, that is in step 4 of the online check in process.

Not for suite guests it isn't. It doesn't exist.