Epic v Getaway

pinkpanther52

I sailed the Epic a couple of years ago it was OK, the cruise was great but the epic just Ok no "Wow" factor for me but I cruise for the ports.

I am on the Getaway in May because I got an amazing deal, I liked the idea of the Waterfront and have always wanted to cruise the ports we are going too.

For folks that have cruised both how do they compare and what's not to miss on the Getaway?

Thanks

The Epic was NCL's first attempt at a mega ship. They took lessons learned from that ship and built sister ships the Breakaway and Getaway.

Better water park. Ropes course. Kept the rock walk which has subsequently been discontinued on newer ships.

Waterfront is a good idea. Dining is problematic if it is raining, windy, or too hot/humid. Seen lots of people start outside, and move in after a while.

Been on the Epic once and the Getaway 3 times... I would most definitely choose the Getaway as the better ship. Something about the Epic just has an enclosed, Shopping mall like feel to it. The Getaway, with it's Waterfront feature, as well as the additions of the Sugarcane Mojito Bar, is my second favorite ship only bested by the Escape.

Been on the Epic once and the Getaway 3 times... I would most definitely choose the Getaway as the better ship. Something about the Epic just has an enclosed, Shopping mall like feel to it. The Getaway, with it's Waterfront feature, as well as the additions of the Sugarcane Mojito Bar, is my second favorite ship only bested by the Escape.

Yes prefect description of the Epic:) :)

The Epic was NCL's first attempt at a mega ship. They took lessons learned from that ship and built sister ships the Breakaway and Getaway.

Better water park. Ropes course. Kept the rock walk which has subsequently been discontinued on newer ships.

Waterfront is a good idea. Dining is problematic if it is raining, windy, or too hot/humid. Seen lots of people start outside, and move in after a while.

Thanks for the info as it is a Baltic cruise I agree wind and rain might be a problem but I don't think heat/humidity will be :D but you never know :)