Full suite perks on Golden Princess

al07

Hi, we booked Penthouse suite on Golden princess for South-Pacific cruise in February. What are the perks for full suite passengers?

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by al07

Op did you get your answer? I tried to click on that link and it did not work for me so I was wondering. Our very first cruise was on a penthouse suite on the Golden Princess! We believe that has been the best Suite we have gotten and our favorite ship so far. Enjoy yourself! Our favorite perks are breakfast and the free laundry. We never send anything out to be washed but we do send all of my husband's shirts and my dresses out to be pressed on the very first day. I'm weird about my clothes getting worn out which is the only reason I don't see them out for laundry. And of course the mini bar setup! How could I forget the mini bar setup! Anything you do not like you can trade out. After you get settled, just call room service and tell them you want to trade all of the sodas for sprite for all of the liquor for just vodka (as an example). We kind of screwed ourselves by starting off in a penthouse suite so we have never sales had any other type of room, but even though technically it doesn't count as a perk, I would have to say the Giant and beautifully appointed bathroom should count as a huge perk! And again I don't know if this counts but the walk-in closet sure is great.

There are a lot of other minor perks that I felt like we didn't really use or didn't make much of a difference to us. Some of them at first seem really important but as the cruise goes on you don't worry about it. If you have tender embarkation I believe you get a priority line. The one time we had a tender, it was so mixed together we just got in with everyone else and we were on so fast I don't see what the point of letting us on first would have done. I do like that there is a suite priority line when you're first embarking on the ship. You save a lot of time in that line and anyone else that might be traveling with you in another type of State Room gets to go with you through that line. I believe in a suite you get priority reservations and you should also still be receiving a free night in one of the specialty dining areas. With Club class starting I'm not sure if any of that has changed. There is a thread on here called favorite Suite perk.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

I agree that the Golden is a favorite. Have done many long and short cruises (in suites) on her when she was ported out of San Pedro.

* I guess it would depend on which port she leaves from. Out of San Pedro, only those traveling with you IN the suite are given Priority boarding on embarkation day and tendering.

* Breakfast in Sabatini's is one of the most important suite benefits.

* Yes, I did miss the use of the Thermal Suites (not available on the Golden).

* Elite + Suite gives you 2 mini-bars. You can trade it out for equal exchanges or (2) coffee cards.

* You have Priority times at ATD...haven't experienced the new Club Class that you are also now a part of.

* And then there is/was the priority line at the Customer Service Desk.

* When you call room service, your cabin number comes up as a Suite. You may order anything off the main dining room menu (for breakfast/dinner) or when the MDR is open for lunch. I once asked for a Pub lunch to be delivered. And it was....happy.

Enjoy the Golden. I'm waiting for her to return to San Pedro.

Op did you get your answer? I tried to click on that link and it did not work for me so I was wondering.

The link should download (and possibly open - depending on your system and setup) a pdf file. It doesn't open a web page.

Edited by Thrak

The link should download (and possibly open - depending on your system and setup) a pdf file. It doesn't open a web page.

Didn't work for me. It didn't try to download anything it just brought me to princess and said the page didn't exist. I don't care. I was just making sure the op got the information they needed.

I agree that the Golden is a favorite. Have done many long and short cruises (in suites) on her when she was ported out of San Pedro.

* I guess it would depend on which port she leaves from. Out of San Pedro, only those traveling with you IN the suite are given Priority boarding on embarkation day and tendering.

We had a whole family of 6 in priority every time. And we were told multiple times that anyone traveling with us will get the same perks when it came to lines like this. as they understand a family would want to stay together. And before anyone attacks me by saying "wellof course I had small children", no... everybody was over 21.

The suite link posted works fine.

It didn't work for me. That's all I was saying. I just wanted to make sure that the original poster had the information they needed. Just giving someone a link and walking away doesn't always help a person here. People come here for the social interaction to get information and I just wanted to make sure they got what they needed. Of course they know they can go to the website.

Just a quick question: Is the complimentary bar set up just once per cruise? So it would be the same once per cruise if a 6 day cruise or a 15 day cruise? Seems there should be another one on a longer cruise....

Just asking.

Thanks,

tnt10

Hi, we booked Penthouse suite on Golden princess for South-Pacific cruise in February. What are the perks for full suite passengers?

Many thanks in advance.

The Golden does't get Club Class until October 2017 so I'd guess there is not the separate Club Class dining, embarkation Red and White 1/2 bottles of wine, or daily bottled water.

Just a quick question: Is the complimentary bar set up just once per cruise? So it would be the same once per cruise if a 6 day cruise or a 15 day cruise? Seems there should be another one on a longer cruise....

Just asking.

Thanks,

tnt10

Just the one time setup. Of course you get a 2nd one if Elite for which you have to call Room Service.

It didn't work for me. That's all I was saying. I just wanted to make sure that the original poster had the information they needed. Just giving someone a link and walking away doesn't always help a person here. People come here for the social interaction to get information and I just wanted to make sure they got what they needed. Of course they know they can go to the website.

And I was just saying that it worked for me. :)

The Golden does't get Club Class until October 2017 so I'd guess there is not the separate Club Class dining, embarkation Red and White 1/2 bottles of wine, or daily bottled water.

Just the one time setup. Of course you get a 2nd one if Elite for which you have to call Room Service.

From memory, I've read on Cruise Critic that Full Suites do NOT receive the Red and White 1/2 bottles of wine because they get a Mini Bar, but DO receive the daily bottled water. I don't remember where I read it though, but sure it was on here-my main source of Cruise information.

I shall be on the Golden again for the Sydney-Melbourne 2 night embarking in Sydney on November 28th this year. I will take copious written notes, still not able to upload photos but can easily do a written report. I've already noted to make allowances for so much walking and schedule regular rest, drink and snack stops-I can easily take a lunch box from home and get some tasty cookies from the International Café, the chocolate ones were GORGEOUS and a friend recommended the peanut cookies to me.

Enjoy the Golden, except for missing the Thermal Suite, one of our favorites.

And suites get 187's of bubbly - I seem to also recall the report of the 1/2 bottles being missing, yet again the web site says full suite amenities "Includes all the fine amenities of a spacious Club Class Mini-Suite plus: ...". All the details of Club Class still working themselves out is likely.