Anthem - new and have dining ????

Just booked an upcoming cruise on Anthem. After using search function and reading about dining - I'm still a bit confused. If My time dining is booked as well as a specialty package, what happens to the My time dining reservation on a specialty dining night? Do you cancel it or just be a know show.

Is there a way to check the daily menu in the MTD restaurants on a daily basis to help select a night to opt for the specialty dining?

Also, we are thinking of booking later shows so would a six o;clock dining time allow enough time to get to a late show?

It seems this all requires some major planning!!!!!:eek:

One more ? If the menus are the same for the MTD in all four restaurants, what it the criteria for selecting one or another?

Thank you for any helpful info!!

Just booked an upcoming cruise on Anthem. After using search function and reading about dining - I'm still a bit confused. If My time dining is booked as well as a specialty package, what happens to the My time dining reservation on a specialty dining night? Do you cancel it or just be a know show.

Is there a way to check the daily menu in the MTD restaurants on a daily basis to help select a night to opt for the specialty dining?

Also, we are thinking of booking later shows so would a six o;clock dining time allow enough time to get to a late show?

It seems this all requires some major planning!!!!!:eek:

One more ? If the menus are the same for the MTD in all four restaurants, what it the criteria for selecting one or another?

Thank you for any helpful info!!

Yes, if for any reason you cannot keep your MTD reservation, it is courteous to cancel it - people are waiting for tables.

All of the specialty restaurants have copies of the nightly menus so you can choose.

Yes, 6:00 dining will be fine.

Menus are the same for MTD and traditional dining - nothing different in the four restaurants other than décor.

Thank you for info.

Just want to clarify - do the specialty restaurants and and the MTD restaurants change every day and can the menus be seen in the cabin or do you have to visit each restaurant?

The menus are on the "wayfinders" which are computer screens in every elevator lobby.

The menus should also be viewable on the Royal IQ app. (download now, activate on board; put phone in airplane mode; the app works on the ship's intranet)

New menu every day. Same menu in all four restaurants. When you show up for your MTD reservation, they will tell you where to go. (your dining rooms are on Deck 4)

Thank you Merion _Mom - this is all new to me and there definitely is a learning curve!!

It's nice to know there is an easy way to check the menus and see if any rescheduling should be done regarding Specialty nights of choice.

My recollection is that you can only display the current day's menu.

Am I right Carol (Merion_Mom)? If you have access to a concierge, he or she might be able to get you info about other days. I seem to remember getting all the menu names (do they still have names like Saphron, etc?) from a concierge and then looking at them on the web site.

I don't mind seeing only the current day's menu. We also wanted to try some specialty restaurants too.

I'm going to set up ahead what I can and then just relax and go with the flow!

Once again, I thank you all for your help.

I think this is going to be a fun cruise