NCL Pride of America Nov 2018

StevieB001

Hi,

First post on here, so I hope I've done this right!

I'm looking to book the NCL Pride of America 7 night Hawaiian cruise as part of my honeymoon departing on 3/11/2018. NCL have advised us that there is a sailing on this date but when we approach any agent, they can't find any cruise on this date, only the following cruise departing on 10/11/2018.

Does anyone know why this would be? We've paid a deposit with NCL and have even picked a stateroom to secure a price, but was hoping to get a cheaper deal through an agent and rebook.

Any advice anyone can give would really be appreciated - plus any general advice on the Pride of America. We're told this cruise sells out very quickly and therefore, there are limited offers for a free drinks package/ internet etc?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

SteveB001

The is no Ultimate Beverage Package on the POA due to Hawaiian liquor laws.

Nov 10-17, 2018 or 17-24 are showing on the website

You need to write the dates in "American" format, that's where confusion might skewing the travel availability. month/date/year

There is a sailing March 10-17, 2018 which reflects the date you posted above. Did you pick the correct year for your booking?? :D

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Hi Sauer-Kraut,

Thanks for your reply and I appreciate your comments.

Do you know if there is any sort of basic drinks package available, or is it just a pay as you go along arrangement, with everything being charged to your room?

Also, I've checked the NCL website and can only see departures on 27th October 2018 and 10th November 2018, but on our cruise last week, we paid a deposit with NCL to depart on 3rd November 2018. I realise the deposits can be transferred to other sailings but would be surprised if NCL accepted a booking off us knowing full well that there wouldn't be a sailing on 3rd November 2018? Or does this happen frequently?

Thanks again,

Steve

Hi Sauer-Kraut,

Thanks for your reply and I appreciate your comments.

Do you know if there is any sort of basic drinks package available, or is it just a pay as you go along arrangement, with everything being charged to your room?

Also, I've checked the NCL website and can only see departures on 27th October 2018 and 10th November 2018, but on our cruise last week, we paid a deposit with NCL to depart on 3rd November 2018. I realise the deposits can be transferred to other sailings but would be surprised if NCL accepted a booking off us knowing full well that there wouldn't be a sailing on 3rd November 2018? Or does this happen frequently?

Thanks again,

Steve

I am recently off the POA. You have to buy drinks individually and they are billed to your account. There are 3 wine packages you can purchase onboard, if that interests you.

As far as no sailing on Nov. 3, 2018, this is directly off their website:

Learn More About Our Staterooms

Studio

Inside

from $1,399

Oceanview

from $1,699

Balcony

from $1,999

Suite

from $3,299

Nov 03 - 10, 2018

SAT - SAT

Solo Guests Only

$1,499

$1,699

$2,149

$3,299

Nov 10 - 17, 2018

SAT - SAT

Solo Guests Only

$1,499

$1,699

$2,149

$3,299

Nov 17 - 24, 2018

SAT - SAT

Solo Guests Only

$1,499

$1,699

$2,149

$3,299

Nov 24 - Dec 01, 2018

SAT - SAT

Solo Guests Only

$1,399

$1,699

$1,999

$3,299

So it is showing your sailing!

Yaaay! Good to see it's now showing up on the NCL website, hopefully other agents will be able to see the sailing now too. I'm presuming it's generally cheaper to go through an agent than book direct with NCL?

Thanks also for the point about the drinks package- the wine one will probably hit the spot!

Yaaay! Good to see it's now showing up on the NCL website, hopefully other agents will be able to see the sailing now too. I'm presuming it's generally cheaper to go through an agent than book direct with NCL?

Thanks also for the point about the drinks package- the wine one will probably hit the spot!

I think there was a 4,6 and 8 bottle package. We got the 4 bottle one - it was $108. I had figured it out before we left, and it was cheaper/easier to buy the wine package than bring 4 bottles on and pay the corkage fee. And we used our obc to pay, so it was essentially free!

As far as booking through an agent or not - we always book directly with NCL, so I can't help you there.

Generallly, I have found the prices are the same with travel agents and NCL. The difference is some TA's will give you On Board Credit or pay service charges as a means to discount the cruise fare. We booked through a TA and got a large amount of OBC. We watched the monthly deals and prices and cancelled twice after the initial deposit (before final payment) to get better perks and a lower cruise fare. As others have stated, there was no beverage package due to the strict Hawaiian state liquor laws.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cheers df5250,

Are there any TA's you'd recommend? I've approached Iglu and Cruise.co.uk but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, if we were travelling in November 2018, is there a best time to book to get the best offers?

Thanks

Cheers df5250,

Are there any TA's you'd recommend? I've approached Iglu and Cruise.co.uk but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, if we were travelling in November 2018, is there a best time to book to get the best offers?

Thanks

I cannot recommend the best time to book, but for us we booked January, 2015 (for May, 2016) and by March we had canceled twice for lower price and better perks. After that time there didn't seem to be any perks for HI for a very long time. They are back now, but I haven't been paying attention since our trip was this past May.

I am not sure I am supposed to put this on posts, but I'll give it a try... we book thru American Discount Travel here in the US to get some OBC vs a discounted fare and keep an eye on cruise prices using a site called Cruise Fish. I hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Not sure if a link will get you to the right page.

However, I may have a solution. Let's see if i can explain this without it being super confusing (and I mean that sincerely as a fault to my upcoming explanation, not to sound condescending in any way.)

I noticed there is a bit of a "glitch" with the NCL site when you are searching for a date on their drop-down menu. I chose the destination of Hawaii and then clicked on the 7 day Hawaiian Islands Cruise on POA Itinerary and then continued on to the "booking" link and went through all the steps. When searching for the date we wanted to sail, (August 5th, 2017) I could see the previous sail date and the post sail date, but not our sail date (and I knew there must be a sailing on this date because they promote this Itinerary by saying it cruises 52 weeks a year.) However, I was noticing when I clicked through the dates in the drop down, I could see a small section of OUR sail date for a fraction of a second, but it would not "fall in line" for me to view on-screen. So I figured there was a programming glitch here. To find the date, I went back to the main menu, chose the destination AND the exact month I wanted to sail. Once I had the month set up in my search options, when I finally got to the sailing dates, it displayed ONLY August dates. On this screen, ALL AUGUST dates came up into view. Try it by entering your month, maybe you will have better luck. I sure hope this made some sense, so tough to explain these things "on paper". Happy cruising!