Room service coffee?

ckmommy72

I cannot say if they have Splenda for sure but I have seen regular sugar packets as well as pink ones (not sure what's in them..not sugar is all I know) and yellow packets (agian..not sugar but IDK what's in them since I only ever use sugar). I have also seen little packets of Sugar In The Raw, which is what I use when I'm onboard ship instead of regular sugar (too cheap to buy it at home LOL).

They do have sweetners, I think I've seen splenda & some others.

The coffee is sometimes ok, and sometimes pretty bad. I always bring packets of instant now, via or similar. If you are on a cruise where all the coffee is just horrific (my transatlantic on X, where all of it was bad, even the pay for bistro) will never cruise again without my own supply. It was so bad even folgers instant would have been a step up.

That is so sad...even on x??

I can drink lots of types and just ok is ok but wow on X that is sad.

We ordered the large carafe every day to enjoy a few cups of coffee on our balcony. I found every day but one it was luke warm. As someone suggested, next time I'll write in EXTRA HOT to see if that works.

Also DH & I use cream and sweetener. Even if I asked for extra of both by the time we got to our second or third cups each one of us ran out of one or the other. Next cruise I plan to bring some of our own sweetener... I love the suggestion someone had of ordering a carton of milk! That will solve the creamer problem, and DH will drink what remains!!! Thanks for the suggestion.

That is so sad...even on x??

I can drink lots of types and just ok is ok but wow on X that is sad.

Hey you, been a while.

Yeah, I've only cruised with them twice, but both pretty long cruises. Transatlantic & then a transpacific. The first one, all the coffee was SO BAD.

Everywhere. Tasted like it had been cut with rancid grain. Horrific, and I'm really not that picky. Everyone I spoke to agreed it was phenomenally bad. Nothing like being on a ship with 8 sea days & no way to go find coffee at a port.

My last cruise on the Millennium, the coffee was fine. Typical cruise ship coffee, it was fine. And I had a non-alcohol drink package so I could get all the bistro coffee I wanted for only a tip.

Ours has always been hot and I bring my own powdered creamer in little packs to add as I hate when creamer is cold and is added to my coffee. We order our coffee for 6:15 - 6:30 AM time frame each morning and maybe because we are one of the early drinkers we get hotter coffee? Not sure but we have not had an issue at all.

We ordered the large carafe every day to enjoy a few cups of coffee on our balcony. I found every day but one it was luke warm. As someone suggested, next time I'll write in EXTRA HOT to see if that works.

Also DH & I use cream and sweetener. Even if I asked for extra of both by the time we got to our second or third cups each one of us ran out of one or the other. Next cruise I plan to bring some of our own sweetener... I love the suggestion someone had of ordering a carton of milk! That will solve the creamer problem, and DH will drink what remains!!! Thanks for the suggestion.

As for the cream and sweeteners, we usually put the amount we want.

For example. if we order reg and decaf carafes, we order for one each.

Then for the condiments, we specify....

1/2 x 1/2 X4 or X6 on the room service order form

6 each of the blue packets of sweetener. (not sure what the blue packets are, DW just asks for them when I place the order):)

As for the temperatures of the coffee, I check the carafes asap. If there is a problem, I call room service, usually remedied in a few minutes.

One last comment, be sure to ask for the order forms from your steward, as sometimes there are only 3-4 for a 7/8 night cruise when you arrive.

Hey you, been a while.

Yeah, I've only cruised with them twice, but both pretty long cruises. Transatlantic & then a transpacific. The first one, all the coffee was SO BAD.

Everywhere. Tasted like it had been cut with rancid grain. Horrific, and I'm really not that picky. Everyone I spoke to agreed it was phenomenally bad. Nothing like being on a ship with 8 sea days & no way to go find coffee at a port.

My last cruise on the Millennium, the coffee was fine. Typical cruise ship coffee, it was fine. And I had a non-alcohol drink package so I could get all the bistro coffee I wanted for only a tip.

Hey you yes it has....feels good to say hi and get this news..:):):),,your cruises...not the coffee...I know I have a taste, like for wine too...but lived on ranch and small towns or work places that have a long stretch before no can do,,you seem to have that stretch too..Kind regards,,,,made my day,,,,

If you want a carafe of coffee, write carafe on your order, by coffee. Otherwise they may just send a cup. Also if you use sugar, sweetner, and cream, be sure to write that on order, or you may not get any. Sometimes they automatically send it, but sometimes the person filling the orders, sticks strictly to just what is on the order form.

Have a great cruise, and enjoy your morning coffee on your balcony.

Okay, now that we've solved the temperature and how many packets of Splenda 'problem' ;), here's how we handle morning room service.

We actually use it as a substitute alarm clock. There's nothing better than having a steward 'wake you' with a nice pot of coffee and a bagel on a port morning when we like to get up and start our day. We time our delivery to coincide with our schedule for the day, as arranged by the hanging tag the night before.