Room service coffee?

ckmommy72

Is room service coffee included? Either in my cruise fare or either of the beverage packages?

I think someone mentioned (on one of the many threads I've been devouring the last week or so) having a carafe of coffee delivered to the room in the morning. I also thought I read somewhere that while room service was included, beverages were not included with room service.

TIA!

Cari

Sure you can get coffee with room service, DH and I will occasionally order cofee this way. The only problem with room service coffee is that it is usually only lukewarm, not hot. This bugs me. If order it this time, I am going to request that it is hot, and see if it improves.

Remember to ask for cream and sugar if you use it. They won't ask if you want it and won't give it unless you ask.

That's funny, we have the opposite issue. We take our coffee black, no sugar. We always write on the door hanger, no cream, no sugar. They always included it, LOL.

We use our coffee delivery in the morning as our alarm. As stated above, having your morning coffee on your balcony is a special treat.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

We had room service breakfast every port day and yes ,,,, coffee and an assortment of juices are on the "free" menu. On the Sunshine it was always hot in the crafe .... never lukewarm.

On sea days we just ordered coffee and juice- drinking those while we got dressed for the Sea Day Brunch.

We always tip the server who delivers the breakfast

Normally $1-2 for just coffee and $3 for full breakfast for 2 of us.

Edited by summersigh

Not sure if it's still like this or not, but if you'd like a carafe of coffee, make sure you order for 2.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I ordered for 2 people and got 2 caraffes along with a lot of condiments

Great! Thanks!

DH is a sleeper, and I'm an early riser...sitting out on the balcony with my book and a carafe of coffee while he sleeps sounds about like heaven!

Each night before we go to bed we hang the door hanger for morning coffee, fresh fruit, yogurt and occasionally croissants - We mark the time we would like the delivery (we're early risers) and it has always been delivered within 15 minutes of the time noted. We bring $1 bills and always give $2 cash (one for each of us) to the person delivering.

As an aside, we usually request "coffee for 4" (even though it's only the 2 of us) and that ensures a large carafe. We also request 1 non-fat milk (it comes in a sealed container, otherwise they send some kind of non-dairy creamer.

Balcony coffee is divine in the morning! :p

Is room service coffee included? Either in my cruise fare or either of the beverage packages?

I think someone mentioned (on one of the many threads I've been devouring the last week or so) having a carafe of coffee delivered to the room in the morning. I also thought I read somewhere that while room service was included, beverages were not included with room service.

TIA!

Cari

IMO the coffee from room service is hit or miss. Sometimes it is drinkable, and sometimes not. Sometimes it is so strong, you can't drink it, and sometimes it is old or lukewarm. Most room service items are included, but there are a few things you can order from room service that cost extra. Coffee is included, but tipping is customary.

If you purchase the Cheers package, coffee in the dining room, specialty restaurants, and from the coffee shops is included in Cheers. The quality of that is better because it is fresh. It is not the best coffee house coffee, but certainly better than room service coffee.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers!-beverage-program

If you're not picky about your coffee, room service coffee might suffice.

I like to take Starbucks canned double shot espresso with cream with me in my carry on to enjoy in the mornings in my cabin. Since I'm not a soda drinker, I use my allowance of carry on canned beverages to bring Starbucks on.

https://www.amazon.com/Starbucks-Doubleshot-Espresso-Cream-Ounce/dp/B00DS4Q1IK?th=1

It is just a question of your personal preferences.

usually only lukewarm, not hot. This bugs me.

Do you order coffee for 2 (in carafe)? Always been very hot for us in carafe, never a problem. Try that...

Yes, it arrives in a carafe. Every single time, several times, different ships -- coffee not hot enough. Only warm. Going to give it a try again on Vista in a few weeks and see how it goes.

Included in the cruise fare aka FREE.

It's not the greatest coffee on the planet, but it's drinkable and gets me my caffeine so that I'm not a beast when my husband and son wake up. LOL

The one time we had a room with a balcony, I would take my coffee outside and sit and watch the sunrise. It was really beautiful.

Yes, it arrives in a carafe. Every single time, several times, different ships -- coffee not hot enough. Only warm. Going to give it a try again on Vista in a few weeks and see how it goes.

When ordering, we always write "extra hot". Sometimes this works, other times, not so much.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Do they have Splenda available or another sugar substitute?

They do have sweetners, I think I've seen splenda & some others.

The coffee is sometimes ok, and sometimes pretty bad. I always bring packets of instant now, via or similar. If you are on a cruise where all the coffee is just horrific (my transatlantic on X, where all of it was bad, even the pay for bistro) will never cruise again without my own supply. It was so bad even folgers instant would have been a step up.