Anyone renew a passport recently?

Luvmyrotti

If you sail in 6 weeks and the passport is good until June, why not wait until you are home from the cruise to do it.

It depends on the countries visited. Some refuse to accept passports that expire within 6 months of the visit. The Caribbean countries are probably fine with a June expiration as it will be about 2-3 months until expiration but it pays to verify each countries requirements.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

I renewed at the end of October. As I recall it was 3 weeks round trip. I also got a passport card, in addition to the passport book. Living in Washington, if you visit Canada by driving there or taking the Cascades train, the Passport card is a little more convenient than carrying the book. We got a new passport for our toddler, that only took 10 days.

We leave on the Crown for a B2B in the Caribbean in just over six weeks. Our passports expire in June 2017. I know we can travel with a birth certificate and state-issued photo ID as back up, but I may just bite the bullet and send our passports off for renewal. Has anyone renewed their passport recently and can share the wait-time for it to be returned?

First there is no need to renew prior to your return. Your passports are valid for closed loop cruises until the day they expire, there is no need to have 6 months left on them.

If you want to renew the current turn around time is about 3 weeks.

We leave on the Crown for a B2B in the Caribbean in just over six weeks. Our passports expire in June 2017. I know we can travel with a birth certificate and state-issued photo ID as back up, but I may just bite the bullet and send our passports off for renewal. Has anyone renewed their passport recently and can share the wait-time for it to be returned?
\

We got ours in about two weeks also. Don't dawdle though. Get the application in soon because the wait time can change quickly. FWIW: If you have a travel date coming up soon I think they will move the application along. But still, no guarantees. You are dealing with a government organization.

I sent my renewal request in late October and received the new passport in a little over two weeks. I took my own photo against a white wall and had it printed at Costco (17 cents plus tax). I had to trim it down to size--but I had sized the original against a white backdrop in Photoshop so that it was easy to cut.

DH's passport expires in May. We're leaving this month for a cruise and will send it off for renewal when we get back. I don't plan on going on another cruise for at least a couple of months. We booked this cruise with five weeks to go--and even with my good experience, I did not want to chance sending his off before this cruise.