Muster location/time and other questions about Harmony of the Seas

cubalinda

Hi there. I'm looking for some help with answers if possible, to a few questions about my upcoming April 29th cruise on Harmony of the Seas.

I was able to check in online recently and my Set Sail Pass indicates my Muster station as A02. Does anyone know where that Muster station is located? I believe info re this is on the back of the cabin door, but I'd like to know beforehand if possible please.

When is the Muster station drill with our Departure from Port Canaveral at 4:00 pm? How long before do they you advise to show up there?/get a seat?

What was your Muster drill like?Too crowded? No problem etc?

Unrelated, but does the English pub (forgot its name) on the Promenade serve food? I read a post saying that it was closed during someone's cruise during the 90's Dance Party. Was this true for you? If so, that's too bad as it takes away seating areas during the "show"? Any other seating spots besides Sorrentos?

Where were you located during the 90's Dance Party? Positives?/Negatives?

How early did you have to get out to the Pool deck to secure a chair before chair hogs and other passengers claim their spots? I'm trying to ideally find a spot that would give me some shade and sun but hopefully be near a pool. Is this possible? I heard they did away with the umbrellas and small tables by one pool that are on other Oasis class ships. Darn. (I couldn't get a spot there anyway last yr on Oasis)

I don't need to be poolside, but hope that my only option is not in the upper decks. What were your experiences? Good spots?

Does anyone know what night/when The Quest was on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary on Harmony? Love that show when I saw it on Oasis last year.

I'm thinking of using the Royal IQ app for its cruise compass and my cruise calendar being listed each day? (is this correct?), but will probably spring for the $7.95 per device feature to text/call my travel partner as opposed to relying on more expensive cellphone carrier plan. What was your experience like with this app and its features?

Thanks very much for your help/information.

Harmony sails from Ft. Lauderdale, not Port Canaveral. I believe all muster stations on HOTS are inside. Muster drills are always crowded.

The Aqua Theater also has several muster stations. If you get there early, you can get a seat. It's not so good in the rain[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there. I'm looking for some help with answers if possible, to a few questions about my upcoming April 29th cruise on Harmony of the Seas.

I was able to check in online recently and my Set Sail Pass indicates my Muster station as A02. Does anyone know where that Muster station is located? I believe info re this is on the back of the cabin door, but I'd like to know beforehand if possible please.

When is the Muster station drill with our Departure from Port Canaveral at 4:00 pm? How long before do they you advise to show up there?/get a seat?

What was your Muster drill like?Too crowded? No problem etc?

Unrelated, but does the English pub (forgot its name) on the Promenade serve food? I read a post saying that it was closed during someone's cruise during the 90's Dance Party. Was this true for you? If so, that's too bad as it takes away seating areas during the "show"? Any other seating spots besides Sorrentos?

Where were you located during the 90's Dance Party? Positives?/Negatives?

How early did you have to get out to the Pool deck to secure a chair before chair hogs and other passengers claim their spots? I'm trying to ideally find a spot that would give me some shade and sun but hopefully be near a pool. Is this possible? I heard they did away with the umbrellas and small tables by one pool that are on other Oasis class ships. Darn. (I couldn't get a spot there anyway last yr on Oasis)

I don't need to be poolside, but hope that my only option is not in the upper decks. What were your experiences? Good spots?

Does anyone know what night/when The Quest was on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary on Harmony? Love that show when I saw it on Oasis last year.

I'm thinking of using the Royal IQ app for its cruise compass and my cruise calendar being listed each day? (is this correct?), but will probably spring for the $7.95 per device feature to text/call my travel partner as opposed to relying on more expensive cellphone carrier plan. What was your experience like with this app and its features?

Thanks very much for your help/information.

Here to answer your questions. I have not yet been on Harmony but have been on Oasis and Allure, and am cruising on Harmony April 8th. Your muster station, A02, is located in the Vitality at Sea Fitness Center, which is all the way forward on Deck 6 and can be hard to find. I have seen my SetSail Pass as well and my station, D04, is in Studio B on Deck 4. Usually, Oasis class sails at 4:30 with muster at 4:00, and I would recommend getting to your desired sailaway location as soon as possible so you get a good spot! My family and I usually leave for our muster station at the 15-minute announcement. However, since the Fitness Center does not have seats, I don't think it will make that much of a difference in your case - just do what's comfortable for you! My recent muster on Liberty (Station B11-outside deck) was crowded like sardines, but it was tolerable. On the other hand, it wasn't stressful at all on Oasis (B02-main theater) or on Allure (F03-main dining room), as we easily found a seat. I would imagine yours may be somewhere in between, as you will have air conditioning and Oasis-class musters merely consist of a short introduction and a 10-15 minute video, which is completely painless. As for the dance party, I loved the 70s Disco night on Allure and Liberty. I am going to miss that on Harmony, but am anxious to see what the 90s party will be like! I do not recall from Allure if the pub was closed or not during the party, but do recall the Promenade being extraordinarily crowded and we sometimes had a hard time seeing the action due to the crowds (this was more of an issue on Liberty) so if you do plan to go to the pub during this event, be aware it may be a pain just to get to it! If you want to go to the party itself, this is another event I would recommend showing up early for to guarantee a good spot- I was situated by the Rising Tide Bar and had a good view most of the time. Seating is hard to come by during this event. The same idea about showing up early applies with the pool, as the early risers tend to get the best spots. As far as the Beach Pool, I do believe they removed the umbrellas, however the Solarium is adults-only and has mini cabanas (in videos I've seen) in addition to an abundance of chairs and tables. The Solarium is absolutely beautiful- I will miss the pool, but am anxious to try out the new rain shower. I don't know for sure, but the Quest will likely take place on the 6th night of the cruise. I wish I could answer your question about Royal IQ, but unfortunately I have never been on a ship that uses it so I cannot comment. I hope I was able to help you out as much as possible, and more importantly, have a great cruise! You will love Oasis class.

• 1 year later...