Please Help for Cabin Choice!!!

wangy26

We will take Celebrity Silhouette for 12 night Scandinavia and Russia cruise (8/23-9/4/17). I have two cabin options with different promotions and prices. I would really appreciate it if you can give me some input as which one is a better option (value).

Option 1. Unobstructed view balcony cabin on deck 7

This one I booked last Oct directly with Celebrity. At the time they had buy one get second one half off. I got two connecting cabins (cabin 7277 and 7279) in category 2B. It is on deck 7 and deck below is other cabins. So it shouldn’t have noise problem which I am very sensitive.

Option 2. Partially obstructed view balcony cabin on deck 6

I just saw Expedia has some MC promotion. I can get partially obstructed view balcony cabin on deck 6 (Cabin 6166 and 6170) in category 2C. The deck below is entertainment deck. The agent told me the deck area directly below my cabin is Boutiques shop that shouldn’t have much noise. According to the agent there are life boats below my balcony that only block the view if I look down to the water below. But it won’t block the view if I look out.

Here is the price difference.

Option1: total price including tax and fee for each cabin is $5265. I also get either free tip or free wifi

Option 2: total price including tax and fee for each cabin is $5175. But I will get both free tip and free wifi. In addition Master Card will also give me free $300 OB credit for each cabin.

So each cabin in Option 2 is roughly $700 cheaper than the one in option 1. Obviously the cabin in option 1 is slightly better than the one in option2.

So in your opinion which one is a better choice? If you have stayed in the exact cabin I mentioned above I would really appreciate it if you can share your experience.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have not stayed in those exact cabins, however, I have stayed in a 2C balcony. The one I stayed in was one of the last cabins on Deck 6. Those cabins' obstruction was the roof of the Blu restaurant. I was perfectly happy with the cabin.

You would not have to worry about noise coming from below, even though you don't have cabins below you.

I would take the 2C which seems the better deal to me, unless you absolutely must be able to look directly down to the sea from your balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've stayed in cabins in both these areas. Without a doubt, I would save the money and go with the Option 2! 2C cabins are just as nice as 2B cabins in my opinion. I love the convenience of being on deck 6, although don't mind deck 7 at all. Go for the savings ... if you don't, when you get onboard, you might be kicking yourself.

Thank you all so much for your inputs. It is very helpful. I just wonder if anyone has some pictures about the partially obstructed view with life boat below. What does it look like?

I also have one more question. We really like early dinner seating (6:15 PM). It is not available now and we would be on the waiting list. What is the chance for us (4 people) to get on the early seating instead of open seating?

Have you cruised with Celebrity before?

If so, you should be at least Classic level in the Captain's Club and therefore eligible to book a 2B cabin at the 2C price.

Otherwise, if you have cruised with Royal Caribbean and are at least Platinum level in Crown & Anchor, the reciprocity with Celebrity should also qualify you for a 2B cabin at the 2C price.

You would just need to enroll in the Captain's Club, which is very easy to do.

Or if you have ever cruised with Azamara, that would get you the reciprocity as well.

I was also going to ask about the captains club upgrade. I was able to just book an A1 for the price of an A2, after sailing with Celebrity last year. I also read that you get a 10% discount on the Internet, if you book on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking at current available cabins I would suggest:

2C-

6155 & 6158 (large verandas on slant, but on opposite sides of the ship but really not a big deal unless you have kids you want right next door)

6304 & 6302 or 6303 & 6305 (rear of ship but 04 & 05 have larger verandas)

2B- none of the available cabins that I see are good choices IMO

We have stayed in 2Bs, 2Cs and even a 2D. With a port intensive itinerary & Baltic weather, a partially obstructed veranda might not make that much of a difference. Go for the savings!

Thank you all so much for the suggestions and pictures. We have sailed with Celebrity 3 times before and are Captain's club member. Do you have to book directly with Celebrity in order to get free upgrade based on your membership level ? As of now there is actually no good cabin left in 2B. When I booked 2B cabin directly with Celebrity last Oct they told me they already gave me free upgrade based on my membership.

Also the $300 OB credit per cabin is a MC promotion from Expedia. So I won't get that if I book directly with Celebrity. It seems most people prefer Option 2 with money saving but partial view blocking. We may just take that option.

TMLAalum

I am just wondering what is the difference (in term of room and balcony) for cabin 6158 that is shaped different than the normal rectangular one. Anyone can share some pictures for this type of the room?

Thanks!

TMLAalum

I am just wondering what is the difference (in term of room and balcony) for cabin 6158 that is shaped different than the normal rectangular one. Anyone can share some pictures for this type of the room?

Thanks!

The cabin size is the same as all those with a veranda, but 6158 is on an angle. Check out foto in post #4 of this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1792355

You might enjoy this which is of a 2C over the dining area:

This last link shows the 2Cs which don't have lifeboats, but are over the dining area:

https://goo.gl/images/c2LEiH

You don't need to book directly with Celebrity to get the one category upgrade. Any TA can do it. If you happen to run across one who isn't familiar with it just suggest they call Celebrity for confirmation.

And I wouldn't worry about having Select/Anytime dining. If you want to dine that early you wouldn't have to wait for a table.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you all so much for your inputs. It is very helpful. I just wonder if anyone has some pictures about the partially obstructed view with life boat below. What does it look like?

I also have one more question. We really like early dinner seating (6:15 PM). It is not available now and we would be on the waiting list. What is the chance for us (4 people) to get on the early seating instead of open seating?

Go on utube and see the vidio

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Only thing I look at is where the smoking is. We stayed on level 7 and we were above the smoking area. And we caught smell of smoke every once a while. To me, that is worse than obstruction. I do like to sit on my deck and not look at life boat.

I quickly looked at where you are and you are closer to the back. So you shud have no smoke. Also look at where stairs/elevators are. We stayed in a Cain ways the back and there were no stairs and we did a lot of walking back and forth to the middle then back down again. Did we loose weight?????nope [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by khalubear

Followed my own advice!

A roll call member posted late yesterday about a price drop for our Eclipse TA. With 2 price drops from initial booking in Dec.we were at $1350pp for a 1A (1B cap't club upgrade pricing) on Deck 6...not the best of the 1As in that it was above that white box on the deck below, but we wanted forward facing w/ bed by bath starboard side due to smoking on portside of Deck 6 and that was all that was available when we booked.

2Ds were at $999 pp last night. Called our big box TA, switched to a 2C over the dining areas at 2D pricing via the 1 category cap't club perk. $700 saved yesterday by moving to a 2C!

As an aside, including a title for a post no longer seems to work with the new Cruise Critic format, therefore the above orange is a DIY effort!