Anthem Advice: Cabins

RCCL Fan

Contemplating a sailing on Anthem with the wife & kids.

New ship & Bermuda...

We have always sailed in JS 98% of our cruises... but the deals this week on Anthem for a D1,D2,D3 for the price of an oceanview. Its a big savings.... 2 to 3 grand less than we usually spend.

Looking for some advice on which rooms to seek out and avoid on this class ship.

Available now: 6246, 7140, 7160, 7168, 8566,8568,9566, 13598, 13606.

I can change dates.... so let me know if there's another cabin I should be on the look out for in the D1 - D3

New ship & Bermuda...

We have always sailed in JS 98% of our cruises... but the deals this week on Anthem for a D1,D2,D3 for the price of an oceanview. Its a big savings.... 2 to 3 grand less than we usually spend.

Looking for some advice on which rooms to seek out and avoid on this class ship.

I can change dates.... so let me know if there's another cabin I should be on the look out for in the D1 - D3

I'd consider 6246 which is a hump cabin. I've stayed in 6648 on the other side and loved the location close to the aft elevators. Easy access to almost all the food and the promenade. Most of the other cabins would be too far forward for me. Deck 13 is just below the pool deck (possibility of noise from chairs being moved).

I personally wouldn't do a cabin on Deck 6. Carol may be more familiar than me, but I know the life boats are just below the deck 6 cabins. Carol, did you have life boats right there or underneath you?

I do agree, I wouldn't do Deck 13 because of what she said and also some of those cabins have an over hang.

I would choose 8566,8568,9566. They are forward, but VERY close to the forward elevators. I would pick 8568 over 8566 because 8566 is a cabin for 3 and though it's VERY rare, I have heard they will bump two people. I read it on the boards here so I won't ever book a cabin for 3 if there is two of us. Like I said though, it's rare and since those two cabins are next to each other, I pick 8568 which is also on the edge of a hump.

I do know the D1 cabins have a little bit of a larger balcony. If you look at the description D1s are 10 square feet larger.

New ship & Bermuda...

It looks like 6246 might have a slightly larger balcony from the deckplans and it is not supposed to be obstructed view. Although, when looking forward or back you will see the tops of all the lifeboats.

If you ever have the opportunity to get a -248 or -648 cabin they have amazingly deep balconies! My parents stayed in 8248 and it was wonderful! The location was also super convenient because the elevators were right around the corner but they never experienced any noise issues!

Thanks guys the website is a big help.

Couple more: I can't remember is Quantum class the ship where connecting cabins have a shared door in the hallway or is that on celeb?

9200 & 8602 are available but both are connecting

11318 is also open... all the way aft, corner. Do the balconies curve there or no?

Couple more: I can't remember is Quantum class the ship where connecting cabins have a shared door in the hallway or is that on celeb?

11318 is also open... all the way aft, corner. Do the balconies curve there or no?

My connecting door was inside the room

You do not want a connecting cabin. IMO you don't want a cabin all the way forward or all the way aft. I stick by recommendation for the deck 6 cabin. It's a hump cabin. When you sit on the balcony you are not looking at lifeboats. Anthem is a big ship - lots of walking. Most of the places you go will be near the aft elevators.

11318 is the last side balcony, it is not a corner aft balcony. We stayed in that cabin and I would not book it again. The long wall of the cabin on the left as you enter the cabin, borders the upper level of an aft suite. There is some kind of a rain shower that you can hear a lot. That suite also has multiple balconies and its smallest balcony has a weird onion shaped hammock chair that likes to slide back and forth on the balcony, banging the walls, when the seas are rough. Granted, we sailed through the leftovers of Hurricane Matthew, but there was banging of cabinets and things during the time we were in port.

I would avoid 11318.

Well all of this was pointless.

Booked the hump cabin, great price, so excited.

Told the wife.

Turns out friends are coming to visit us that same weekend.

I said can't they come some other time? She says "that would be rude"

I said, this cruise is $1200+ more expensive any other week this summer and that would be rude to me.

But I think I'm losing this fight.

Back to the drawing board.

So sorry to waste your time.

• 2 years later...
On 2/3/2017 at 11:47 AM, 138east said:

I'd consider 6246 which is a hump cabin. I've stayed in 6648 on the other side and loved the location close to the aft elevators. Easy access to almost all the food and the promenade. Most of the other cabins would be too far forward for me. Deck 13 is just below the pool deck (possibility of noise from chairs being moved).

We have booked cabin 6246 on the Anthem for September. Do you have any photos of the cabin/balcony you were in?